Population changes England & Wales

Started by GrannyMac, July 04, 2022, 07:37:17 AM

« previous - next »

GrannyMac

This shows the growth in population over the last 10 years.  Numbers in Yorkshire haven't grown as much as most other regions, especially the South East. What about where you live?

https://www.ons.gov.uk/visualisations/censuspopulationchange/
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

doesn't show Scotland, presumably due to the SNP decision to delay the census by a year with the result that Scotland's original figures, in the words of Nicola, were worthless, leading to an extension of the date. Don't know what is the current state of play
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

That is an incredibly poorly designed web page.

I live in Northampton.

Seek Northampton and you find North Northamptonshire. I don't live in North Northamptonshire. Look for South Northamptonshire and there isn't one. I looked at the page source and see there is a West Northamptonshire. I don't live in West Northamptonshire either.

Why on earth does the dropdown have places listed North here West there etc. Doubly stupid as not all variations are even listed. What's wrong with Placename, North Placename, South etc. Sill pretty useless in my case but still less confusing for anybody where their area has been geographically split.

I've heard of user friendly but that is plain user hostile.

Scrumpy

Quote from: GrannyMac on July 04, 2022, 07:37:17 AMThis shows the growth in population over the last 10 years.  Numbers in Yorkshire haven't grown as much as most other regions, especially the South East. What about where you live?

https://www.ons.gov.uk/visualisations/censuspopulationchange/

South East.. !!  We are well popular.. Everyone wants to live here..  :clap:
  WELCOME ONE AND ALL.. COME HERE.. BRING YOUR FAMILY..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Not as popular as here. Not dinghy boys here though they are mostly East Europeans.

In West Northamptonshire, the population size has increased by 13.5%, from around 375,100 in 2011 to 425,700 in 2021. This is higher than the overall increase for England (6.6%), where the population grew by nearly 3.5 million to 56,489,800.

GrannyMac

Quote from: klondike on July 04, 2022, 08:09:01 AMThat is an incredibly poorly designed web page.

I live in Northampton.

Seek Northampton and you find North Northamptonshire. I don't live in North Northamptonshire. Look for South Northamptonshire and there isn't one. I looked at the page source and see there is a West Northamptonshire. I don't live in West Northamptonshire either.

Why on earth does the dropdown have places listed North here West there etc. Doubly stupid as not all variations are even listed. What's wrong with Placename, North Placename, South etc. Sill pretty useless in my case but still less confusing for anybody where their area has been geographically split.

I've heard of user friendly but that is plain user hostile.

Local authorities. Your council had some fairly recent changes.. 

klondike

They could still list Northamptonshire, North and Northamptonshire, West. Or even more friendly accept a postcode. 

As it happens both show the same 13.5% increase which is hardly a surprise. If you take a trip into the town centre you'll not hear much English spoken.

Alex

Mine is 4th on the list for highest increase 8.4 %, but I didn't really need to read that  :sad:
A bit confusing as population rank is different.  Interesting though thanks GM

GrannyMac

I thought so too Alex. You may have noticed, I like facts and figures, I think I'm a bit of a nerd at heart.

Jacqueline

I could have told them that without all the facts, figures and Census, you just have to look around you.

klondike

Alex

That's because those of us who actually see a difference in our population increase, feel duty bound to inform those who may be in the back of beyond and not aware of any change..... :grin:  :grin: