Line dancing..

Started by Scrumpy, October 05, 2022, 06:39:17 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

My mate wants me to go Line Dancing with her.. She said it will keep us warm during the winter months.. and fit..

I think it's because she fancies an Italian widower that is also a member..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

I used to go, I persevered for about 6 weeks.  Every time the music stopped I was facing the opposite way to everyone else  :grin:
Good luck Scrumps, it's a good laugh !

Raven

As some of you will know, I taught Linedance for ten years and I loved it. I only stopped because my knee became too sore.
Alex I would have put you in the centre so no matter what way the dance turned you would have had another dancer in front of you to follow. Also I wore a head mic and called out the steps as we went, until everyone knew the dance then it was music only. I also taught the dance to a piece of music that was a good bit slower than the piece meant to be used. Then we let rip. 😂😂

Alex

" Also I wore a head mic  "

That's what was missing !  :grin:

klondike

I'd need one of those reversing beepers to warn everybody to watch their toes...  :grin:

Raven

That's not what Line dance is all about, I refused to use anything but Country in my classes and so did most teachers up here.
My favourite Line dance is called "Cajun Hoedown" we had a lot of fun with this one, once I'd taught it to my people. Nothing better for a dancer than the W/E Dances with the live country bands that we used to go to.
This is my dance. :yay:  :cowboy:  :cowboy:  :cowboy:
To really enjoy this video Put it onto full screen, AND TURN UP THE VOLUME.

Alex

You can't do line dancing without Country music !   This handsome boy gets my feet tapping with Country Rock song

Raven

AND, The dance "The Achy Breaky" is a bugger to learn.  :yell:

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

He certainly is :wink:  Have you seen him in this? he put my BP almost through the roof.

Alex

No I hadn't seen the Dolly Parton clip  :upvote:
This is one of my all time favourite 'oldies'