A bloody shambles..

Started by Scrumpy, October 18, 2022, 01:26:22 PM

« previous - next »

Cassandra

Quote from: Diasi on October 19, 2022, 12:20:44 PMAnyway, back on track, Liz Truss has just confirmed that the Triple Lock will be honoured, so I imagine the threat of some serious repercussions, sent from the local Party constituency meetings, has brought about this 11th hour decision.

But she's not the Prime Minister anymore, Hunt and the suits are and he's known historically to be committed to the abolition of the triple lock. Unless, being the devious scullion that he is, has maybe accepted that the pensioner vote turn off would be personally terminal. He therefore lets it go through at 10%, but casts the blame for this (as he views it), iniquitous override of his advice, upon her and thereby astutely adds another nail to her coffin lid. For him its win, win, he thinks. However he only has a marginal majority in his constituency and the Liberals (2nd place) were up 29% on him last time. Hopefully he won't survive in an arrid Tory climate and can then join his fellow hobgoblins Grieve, Hammond, Gauke and Soubry in 'Boot Hill'. An ironic circumstance, as he's really a Lib-dem anyway!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Raven

Quote from: Cassandra on October 19, 2022, 01:14:13 PMTheir credibility cannot recover in time for 2024. They are no longer Conservatives.

I know I should be glad as I loathe the Toxic Tories, but what have they morphed into? Nothing decent, we should be a lot more worried than we already are. [2010]

Scrumpy

The Triple Lock.. !!

Liz Truss can promise all she likes.. She will not be around long enough to carry it through.. She is not in charge..
 BUT.. They will lose the 'Oldies' vote if they don't follow through with their promises.. and we are a large majority.. because we bother to get off our arses and vote.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Quote from: Raven on October 19, 2022, 12:51:58 PMI'm not a Political Animal it bores me rigid, I feel like giving them all the thrashing I feel they richly deserve. :angry:
That and the fact you posted it say's to me that you actually are a political animal.  :grin:

Raven

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 19, 2022, 01:23:17 PMThe Triple Lock.. !!

Liz Truss can promise all she likes.. She will not be around long enough to carry it through.. She is not in charge..
 BUT.. They will lose the 'Oldies' vote if they don't follow through with their promises.. and we are a large majority.. because we bother to get off our arses and vote..
The Triple Lock will be implemented & will continue to be implemented, Hunt will do what all the local constituencies, via their MPs, tell him to do.

The grassroots members are in the driving seat for this one.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Perhaps they should tell him to stop the bloody dinghy boys then. That would save more votes than preserving the triple lock.