Does anyone know ?

Started by Alex, June 29, 2023, 11:03:30 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

Who runs the country, Parliament or the Courts. ?

P.s. how do I copy a link  on my tablet ?   I usually press Ctrl + C then CTL + V  on my laptop, but it doesn't work on here.  I wanted to paste the 'unlawful' ruling on Rwanda.

Scrumpy

I think whatever the Government try to do about this problem .. A legal team are waiting in the wings ready to pounce..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Alex on June 29, 2023, 11:03:30 AMWho runs the country, Parliament or the Courts. ?

These days, I'd say that running the country is shared between several:

- the Government  (nominally, the ones who run the country, but not in practice)
- the Civil Service  (the ones who actually make the decisions in practice - see 'Yes Minister')
- the House of Lards  (the ones who prevent any sensible changes being made, to their own benefit)
- the Judiciary  (the ones who influence others' decisions, again to their own benefit)
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: Alex on June 29, 2023, 11:03:30 AMP.s. how do I copy a link  on my tablet ? 
A long press on the link should bring up a menu which includes "Copy link address".

In the browser a long press on the url showing in the address bar should bring up a menu that inludes "Copy"

For general text a long press on the start point followed by running your finger along it should highlight a section and bring up a menu that inludes "Copy". You can fine tune start and end points by dragging the markers that appear when it is highlighted with your finger.

I doubt that is exclusive - there may be other ways to get there but that's how I do it.