Just Stop Oil and The Ashes

Started by JBR, June 28, 2023, 11:26:56 AM

« previous - next »

Cassandra

Quote from: JBR on June 28, 2023, 08:33:06 PMVery true, but I suspect that there may be some political, or judicial, influence here.
The government is known to be woke, and judges probably the same, and may (for some unknown reason) want to support the naughty children.

Well in my time on the 'Judging' I was certainly known to be very Un-woke, but looking back towards the end we were definitely in the minority. Over here each State has its own identity and then there's the 'County' profiles within that overall demography too. I have 'heard' quite a few cases over here now as a 'Visiting Judge' in reserve and have enjoyed the system greatly, although I wish I was 20 years younger to learn the many differences without research. Lets just say very sadly, that I feel a lot more at home here, than I did towards the end of my life in England - both socially and professionally.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on June 28, 2023, 09:12:04 PMWell in my time on the 'Judging' I was certainly known to be very Un-woke, but looking back towards the end we were definitely in the minority. Over here each State has its own identity and then there's the 'County' profiles within that overall demography too. I have 'heard' quite a few cases over here now as a 'Visiting Judge' in reserve and have enjoyed the system greatly, although I wish I was 20 years younger to learn the many differences without research. Lets just say very sadly, that I feel a lot more at home here, than I did towards the end of my life in England - both socially and professionally.
The impression I get is that the police in America are far more likely to clamp down on the sort of nonsense we now see all the time here.
Our police, courts, and other authorities are far too soft these days and would do well to take a leaf out of America's book.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

Quote from: Cassandra on June 28, 2023, 09:12:04 PMWell in my time on the 'Judging' I was certainly known to be very Un-woke, but looking back towards the end we were definitely in the minority. Over here each State has its own identity and then there's the 'County' profiles within that overall demography too. I have 'heard' quite a few cases over here now as a 'Visiting Judge' in reserve and have enjoyed the system greatly, although I wish I was 20 years younger to learn the many differences without research. Lets just say very sadly, that I feel a lot more at home here, than I did towards the end of my life in England - both socially and professionally.
It's great that you've 'found your place' in your new life.

There must be many of us in the UK that no longer feel at home.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on June 28, 2023, 10:16:15 PMIt's great that you've 'found your place' in your new life.

There must be many of us in the UK that no longer feel at home.
Indeed there are.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Cassandra

Quote from: JBR on June 28, 2023, 10:15:04 PMThe impression I get is that the police in America are far more likely to clamp down on the sort of nonsense we now see all the time here.
Our police, courts, and other authorities are far too soft these days and would do well to take a leaf out of America's book.

As I said it depends on each States laws and then the 'County' trends within. However certainly New York, California in particular and many New England States are the homes of 'World Woke' and 'fake-news'. America is as divided as the UK appears to be just now. Its a generational thing though and therefore thank god I'll be gone long before any 'victors' emerge. In the unwoke 'States' I feel very at home and indeed it would never cross my mind to visit any of the above mentioned Woke ones now or forever. I hate there attitude to life as much as the UK. Fortunately over here just because a loon in New Jersey says they all want to grow up as garbage bins or Mooses, it means nothing in my home state; which overall deplores the pithy wanton childishness for what it is and run their home regions completely devoid of these insanities.

They don't understand how 'that Asian guy' gets in with no votes in England and who or what Nicola Sturgeon is - they just don't fathom! After dinner chats at my home sometimes last hours in explanation and they leave shaking their heads in disbelief. But the 'Just Stop Oil','Extinction Rebellion', etc etc 'loony toons' as the call them over here and the way they walk slow in front of traffic, un-arrested is totally beyond them! The dopes on the Dartford Bridge for three days, they honestly thought was a wind up! Here they'd send up officers with dope dart guns and then lift them off unconscious by helicopter. Bridge and road opened in a couple of hours! Any sign of guns or violent resistance - shot to death by helicopter gun ships instantly.

Above all the way our young scum talk to the police is incomprehensible to them. Do it over here and just see what state you wind up in, and indeed where you go!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...