Nicola Bulley

Started by Alex, April 13, 2023, 07:22:22 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Things had gone quiet about this poor woman, but now it seems the police have sent divers back to the River Wyre and are looking for 'something' 

Diasi

I'm certainly not at all surprised since the original so-called 'findings', to me, lacked credibility.

You only have to look at the police wading in the river to realise that it's highly unlikely that a strong swimmer would have had any problem if they fell in to it.

Reading between the lines it would appear that the coroner may have some doubt about how long her body was actually in the water & how it manged to get there from where she supposedly fell in.

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I smell the start of conspiracy theories already...

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on April 13, 2023, 07:43:52 PMI smell the start of conspiracy theories already...
Well the police aren't doing it for a bit of recreational fun & something has led the coroner to get them involved again.

An expert in tidal flow has cast doubt on the original findings, as have the local anglers who know the river extremely well.

In any event it'll be good to get a definitive outcome for the case.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

GrannyMac

It will be interesting to see what they find out.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

morty

Quote from: klondike on April 13, 2023, 07:43:52 PMI smell the start of conspiracy theories already...
Me too ... it was bad enough before. 
Somehow it all ended up feeling very odd and weird to me ... I can't really explain why.

klondike

I think the reason you felt it was odd is simple enough. It was odd. 

I don't doubt the police are keen to find a viable reason for why the body took so long to find which doesn't include the word incompetence.

Scrumpy

All very strange..  I do not think an outsider is involved..

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

morty

Me neither.
I don't like to speculate ( but I will anyway) ...
but I did wonder if at the time she was a very upset, fragile lady who simply wished for some time on her own, some space for herself , I know,  no need to go to those lengths to disappear if that is all it was, which is true ... and then with all the furore and the mad media hype if she had wanted to quietly return, that door had slammed in her face and had turned her into a national object of pity or waster of police time.
I still can't beleive the police divulged her mental health and alleged reliance on drink.
Sometimes her family, friends and partner came out with the oddest statements.
Almost as if they believed she was out there and they were coaxing her to come back home.
I really don't think anyone will ever be able to say with certainty what happened.

Alex

Quote from: Scrumpy on April 14, 2023, 09:04:14 AMAll very strange..  I do not think an outsider is involved..

No, but a family member may be

morty

Are you thinking of the guy who's had 4 different engineering companies?

Alex

Do you mean her partner ?

morty

Alex

Accidental Death was the finding,she did not intend to kill herself and she hadn't been drinking.
Hearing this should bring some closure for the family, BUT who was the man in black ?  I guess we'll never know.

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on June 27, 2023, 10:27:44 PMAccidental Death was the finding,she did not intend to kill herself and she hadn't been drinking.
Hearing this should bring some closure for the family, BUT who was the man in black ?  I guess we'll never know.
It happens most days where good swimmers walk their dog, leave their phone on a bench & fall into a river.

Every time I bend down to check our Yorkie's harness I nearly fall off the pavement & into the road.

Also the unexplained bruising 'There were several bruises on her body, including both the front and back of her right arm' had previously been mentioned was ruled out as being a cause, but nevertheless she got the bruising from somewhere & it's consistent with being gripped I would have thought.

The Coroner also advised people not to speculate but to look at the facts.

Well matey, that's exactly what a lot of people are doing.

The funniest written report is on Sky News where the article, reporting that it wasn't a suicide, ends with an advert for the Samaritans or some other suicide prevention outfit. Lol  :grin:
[email protected]