Well what a lucky chappy I am.

Started by klondike, June 01, 2022, 09:29:52 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Apparently Ring are continuing to innovate for me. They do seem to be a bit mixed up on where I live though which is puzzling. I don't live near them and certainly not in the US which their spelling suggests they do.

We're continuing to innovate for you, our neighbor.
More features are coming to Ring Protect Basic,
at a new price.
Starting 1 July, 2022, we're expanding the features available for Ring Protect Basic to improve your Ring experience, and give you even more peace of mind.
With these features, the price of Protect Basic will change from £24.99/year per device to £34.99/year per device (plus applicable taxes).
If you don't want to renew your plan at the new price, you must cancel your subscription before any renewal set to occur on or after 1 July, 2022. As a reminder, you can cancel by logging in to your account at Ring.com.

So there we are - either pay them an extra £10 or buy a new doorbell. Of course I can apparently download a video of the postman calling 6 months ago now but I don't get the option to say No thanks I'd prefer to leave it as it is (whatever that may be) and keep the old price.

Now £10 a year is hardly the end of the world but with the current state of economies worldwide I guess more would prefer not pay for more stuff they'll likely never want to use.

Update - it seems I get to pay an extra £10 for SFA. If I want to go from seeing my postman arrive two months ago to seeing him 6 months ago I have to change that manually and upgrade the account (i.e. pay more) to do so. It seems they are only coming up with innovative ways to tell me that they are increasing their charges by 40%. Thanks guys.

Alex

It would be good to see something go down for a change.  Having said that I'm sure my car insurance was cheaper this year. :cool:

klondike

I was on a Tesco policy. They wanted to put it up by £100  :sad:

I ended up changing over to a product called By Miles. You pay a base insurance fee and then there is a dongle you plug in the OBD socket which records your journeys and you pay 3p a mile. Based on my guess on mileage (which is low these days) it will work out a lot cheaper.

The main reason I ended up with that was that I wanted cashback through Topcashback and the cheapest option on more than one of my choices (TCB's own comparator and Confused.com) had an error in their checkout process and I would have had to call them to get the policy - that would have scrubbed the £40 cashback. As it is I stand to get £36 cashback and I think it was cheaper than Tesco last year too. Win win.