Waiting.. !!

Started by Scrumpy, September 05, 2022, 01:32:53 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Today I had an appointment at the doctors..

Me and others sat in a long corridor.. In front of us were many numbered doors..
Every so often one would open.. a body with just eyes showing called out a name.. and the named person would enter the room...
 We sat their waiting.. no one spoke.. face masks covered up all expressions..
 Is this a sign of things to come.. ?

Do you remember when patients sat in a waiting room and chatted about their illnesses trying to go one better than the poor guy sitting there bandaged head to toe.. with crutches and an axe in his head.... ?
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

There won't be anybody ill there. They will all be in for blood tests. They refer anybody that may be infectious to A&E.

Alex

I haven't seen a doctor for ages, I know I should go back but what's the point ?  I have a couple of friends in much worse situation than me who are still waiting for hospital appointments.  I want a refund on my contributions. :rolleyes: 

Scrumpy

I have to go back next week for a  'Review'.. With a nurse..

I noticed that they are doing the Autumn Booster (together) with the Flu Jab at the surgery..
First time since Covid hit..

1955vintage

I thought only royalty got appointments with doctors. I doff my cap to you.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Scrumpy

You are very kind Sir...  Unfortunately it is with the nursing staff.. I have no idea which numbered door my doctor is hiding behind..

klondike

I have no idea which numbered door my doctor is hiding behind..

You'd need to know his address to know that. Check the staff car park. How many cars worth over £50k and how many around £2k and you can work out proportion of docs to nurses in the surgery. It will be very very small.

Scrumpy

The staff car park is well hidden behind the building.. They were not stupid when they re- modernized  the area during the start of covid.. 
The doctors consulting rooms are upstairs.... Only the chosen few climb these..

klondike

How did you get here?

I climed the stairs.

Nothing wrong with you then.

Next.