Brita Filter Jugs

Started by Alex, July 11, 2023, 10:45:37 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Does anyone use one of these jugs ?  I've had mine for years, in fact this is probably my third jug.  What had surprised me this week is the cost of the replacement cartridges !  My stash has all gone so I've been looking for a box, what a shock £24 for 6 !   They're following in the footsteps of the printer cartridges, :grin:  where it's sometimes cheaper to buy a new printer than replace the cartridges. 

Diasi

We use an Aqua Optima Aurora heater / chiller water dispenser that has a water filter.

Aqua Optima Evolve water filter cartridges are compatible with both Aqua Optima & Brita MAXTRA filter jug, but NOT MAXTRA+ or PerfectFit filter jugs. These filters also fit Tesco, Wilko, AmazonBasics, Aquaphor branded water filter jugs & cost £14.99 for 6.

https://tinyurl.com/msprksd2
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

These are a different shape to mine Phil, but much cheaper !

Raven

Look on Ebay, I got my replacement ink cartridges from there, both for a good bit less than the named ones were. They worked just as well and I had no bother with any of them.

Michael Rolls

Please excuse my ignorance - but what are they filtering?
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on July 12, 2023, 06:45:46 AMPlease excuse my ignorance - but what are they filtering?
Mainly lead, chlorine, asbestos, benzene, particulates and other contaminants.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

doesn't say much for the water supply if something like that is needed!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on July 12, 2023, 09:23:58 AMdoesn't say much for the water supply if something like that is needed!
Exactly.
[email protected]

Alex

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 12, 2023, 04:38:45 AMAny good?

https://www.fl402filters.co.uk/FL402Filters/12-x-filterlogic-fl402-compatible-with-brita-maxtra.html?gad=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw-7OlBhB8EiwAnoOEkxEzE5Yt81s1QmiGX0JTUksmo8S-cvj15z7fuNk8jdIC63qaYHpawBoCnxUQAvD_BwE

Will look later. Thanks for the link  :upvote:

July 12, 2023, 10:52:45 AM
Quote from: Michael Rolls on July 12, 2023, 09:23:58 AMdoesn't say much for the water supply if something like that is needed!

My water smells sort of 'chemically ' but not every day, so I use the filter - tea and coffee tastes better !