are electric cars ahead of their time.

Started by alfred, March 20, 2022, 07:53:13 AM

« previous - next »

crabbyob

when i went to Tesco the other day a guy was loading a heavy duty cable into his car the he had just unplugged, it looked heavy gear for a lady...

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Flying Bomb

I would like to see the carbon footprint to make an electric car compared with a petrol one.  That to include All the energy used in mineral/iron
extraction.  EVERYTHING.

Michael Rolls

so would I - and I reckon it would embarrass the advocates of electric cars - and the analysis should include the upgrading of the national grid to meet the increased demand
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Flying Bomb

Going much further, just imagine if every item for sale had to have a label stating it's carbon footprint !
Food, clothing, electrical, furniture......the lot !

What an eye opener that would be.

klondike

Our supposed net zero progess is an illusion. We have just exported all our high CO2 producing industies and import the product.

It isn't only cars you need to consider it is the wind turbines. Steel and concrete production from which they are constructed produces a lot of CO2.

One of the daftest things we do is ship wood chippings in from North America to burn in the Drax power station.
https://www.independent.co.uk/climate-change/news/drax-greenwashing-cop26-wood-emissions-b1956072.html

The environment lobby will hate it but the cleanest in terms of CO2 emissions is nuclear.

crabbyob

yes then we could go thru our cupboards checking the best-by dates and we would get lots more cupboard space.... where will it all end...
my carbon footprint shopping at tesco instead of Morrisons, which is closer, just where are you all going with this crap? are we going to end up with a carbon ration book?... so that if we want to fly anywhere we should sit in the house for three years to gather points?
all the damage was done in the last hundred years before the millenium, ok we were all brought up wrong and we have raised our kids wrong, jumping in the car to go a mile up the road, yes we should walk, but while we are walking there are Americans driving gas guzzlers to the corner to collect a newspaper... stop beating us up with nonsensical facts, especially at this time when american fingers are twitching to press a button that could wipe out all living things on the planet, and the Russians are bombing women and children... sigh....ok did you hear the one about Pat and Mick?

klondike

Just came across an article on heat pumps which will also place a huge drain on the grid and are mandated in new builds from 2025. They are just as bad news as electric only cars by 2030 both for the electricity grid and your pocket.

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/03/20/__trashed-16/

I think there must be a good chance that this is all going to come crashing down and have to be dropped.

crabbyob