Main Menu

Oooppppps.

Started by Raven, December 24, 2021, 02:59:52 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

Mark

:grin: :grin: :grin:
One of my yorkies was an incorrigble food thief. Lots of stories which I'll leave for now.

Michael Rolls

We never dared leave Fleur alone in the same room as biscuits!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Mine had a chicken leg off my daughters plate once.

Multiple occasions of getting on the dining table when nobody was looking.

Stole a whole giant chocolate bar from a top in a campervan - remembered and spotted through the window as we went out - in mouth seconds after door shut.

Robbed jar of Roses that someone had brought as a Christmas pressie and left in a bag on the floor as we all went out. Multiple clues on the floor that chocolate is bad for dogs. Mystery how the sctrew top was removed as no damage.

Found an ate a cream egg on our bed. No sign of chocolate just the shredded silver paper covering.

Walked round Skegness with a scavenged sausage hanging out of her mouth like a cigar but the worst...

We had a swing bin in a covered area just outside the kitchen door. We left the dogs in the garden on sunny days when going for a supermarket shop in case we couldn't find a shaded parking spot. We used black dustbin bags in the bin and there was a bit hanging out around the top. This had been used to pull the bin over and the contents scattered. What did the damage was an empty margerine tub. She'd had her head in it and right down to shoulder level was covered in grease. That was a straight in the tub job.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

klondike

She was the daughter of the other one we had. Each full of character but different characters. Her mother Gem looked the feminine showdog and Tip just looked butch.

My Brother in Law had intended to breed Yorkies and bought Gem who was related to a Crufts champion (granddaughter I think I do have the pedigree somewhere still) but she gave birth to mostly females and Bob was disgusted with the people who wanted to buy - obviously all breeders who would have bred and bred and bred from them. He didn't sell any finding free homes for them. He kept Tip because she was a bit of a devil in all sorts of ways. Bob was disabled and had a mobility car for life but as things got worse he felt he couldn't take them out as he should. He wanted a home for them both but was still wary of passing Tip on. We took them at ages 8 and 6 and so the fun and games started.

Raven

My daughter had a Yorkie she rescued from a bad home. Once Gizmo found his feet he was a wee devil, but soooo loving, he adored my Old English Sheepies. He was a very fit wee dog who did lots of the Munros on Sundays with my daughter and her partner. People were often surprised to see a small dog like that enjoying the climbs.

klondike

When younger they could jump from floor to top of sofa back without even a run up. That was a favourite place to lay and nap.

Raven

Yep, same for Giz. When you came in he got all excited and started leaping about. Big big leaps up to shoulder height.

klondike

My two were howlers if you went out. I set up a video camera and what I saw lead to the bedroom being rearranged. It was a bungalow but that probably made no difference. Anyway apart from meercatting and howling they were jumping from bed to windowsill and only just making it. We were afraid that they might hurt thenselves so rearranged the room so the jump was way out of reach.

Later when there was only Tip she rubbed her nose raw under a hotel door when we went for breakfast. I had to find a shady place to park and put her in the car when we ate.

1955vintage

My black lab was a poster child for the breed, utterly stomach driven.

Daughter had Xmas pudding on the side of the sofa while she ate main course and watched TV. He devoured it all using the side of his mouth so his tag would not rattle the bowl.

Wife was simmering some meat on the hob when the phone rang. Came back a couple of minutes later to see 3/4 of it eaten and the dog waiting for the rest.

Leftover Chicken Tikka masala was left on the worktop, but he could reach it and eat it. Did not affect his bowels, although baked beans did, he woke up the whole village that night.

Great dog. My basset is as food driven, but with shorter legs, less capable.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off