They don't like it up 'em

Started by klondike, February 19, 2024, 07:57:07 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

One paper two opposing stories...

'That's the choice!' PM issues blunt message to Reform UK after double by-election defeats

Rishi Sunak has issued a desperate plea to Reform UK voters not to split the right-wing vote and let in Sir Keir Starmer.

The message came after the Tories suffered two more by-election defeats, one providing the biggest swing away from the Conservatives since the Second World War.

Reform UK meanwhile enjoyed there biggest electoral successes to date, achieving over 10% in both Kingswood and Wellingborough.

In a message to voters this morning, a bruised Rishi Sunak warned that a vote for anyone other than the Conservatives will only help Sir Keir Starmer.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1867120/by-elections-wellingborough-kingswood-tories-labour-reform

Stark warning for Labour that Reform UK could wreck Starmer's dream of a majority

The research suggests the Nigel Farage-linked party will be key at the next general election.

Reform UK could make the difference between a big Labour majority and a hung Parliament, according to new analysis.

Modelling by Labour Together sets out three possible scenarios for the next general election ranging from a landslide victory for Sir Keir Starmer, a working Labour majority and a hung Parliament.

The think tank said a working majority is the most likely outcome but highlighted how Richard Tice's Reform UK could prove key.

Josh Williams, director of strategy at Labour Together, said: "There is a long way to go between now and the election and, as the old saying goes, there can be many a slip between cup and lip.

"Labour's lead is undoubtedly wide, a tribute to the extraordinary transformation in the party's fortunes under Keir Starmer.

"But, a few small shifts in voters' views and a would-be majority narrows. A collapse in the resurgent Reform party, just like Ukip and the Brexit Party before them, could change the picture entirely. There is no room for complacency."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1868310/reform-labour-together-general-election

The good news is both parties seem to be running scared that they will be losing more votes that the other side

Scrumpy

On their heads , so be it..
They've made their bed.. Let them lay on it..
They need to realise that they are not doing a very good job..

Reform for me.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 21, 2024, 10:08:32 AMOn their heads , so be it..
They've made their bed.. Let them lay on it..
They need to realise that they are not doing a very good job..

Reform for me..
As I have said for years now, Labour showed us the damage they could do when Bliar and Brown cocked things up; the Tories have done the same now over several incompetent PMs, and have even had the nerve to invite Coward Cameron back in! 

Reform for me, too.
We have the opportunity to vote in enough of them to form the next government.
If most people don't have the nerve to do that, what comes will be on their heads and I have no sympathy for them.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

The damage wrought by Blair and Brown was largely disguised by the banking crash. We are still paying for their PFI deals I expect.