Naughty Mr. Sunak

Started by Michael Rolls, October 28, 2022, 09:29:32 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

From teh BBC News website

>>>Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has been accused of "a failure of leadership" for not attending the COP27 climate summit next month.

Opposition parties and environmental groups said the decision showed the government was not taking the climate crisis seriously enough.<<<

Personally, I'm glad he is taking the situation of the UK more seriously than yet another 'feel good' pointless talking shop
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

I know I sound like a stuck record - but climate is cyclical
[email protected]

klondike

You can model it and measure it.
Unfortunately the models don't match the measurements.

Scrumpy

Whatever the man does he will be doing it all wrong..
 He needs to be given time to get things sorted.. 
On the news this morning he was knocked for giving Braverman a job when she has already broken the security code .. more than once..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 28, 2022, 09:43:02 AMHe needs to be given time to get things sorted..
He's only got a couple of years before judgement day. There is a huge mess too. The one he and others spent more than a couple of years producing.

Raven

klondike

No need to be coy Raven. Even the Tories are slagging them off now  :grin:

Michael Rolls

come to think of it, had Sunak decided to go that silly conference, I am reasonably confident that those criticising him for not going would now be screaming blue murder that he was swanning off on a jamboree and ignoring the far greater problems at home - but then, that's politics
[email protected]

Raven

Quote from: Michael Rolls on October 28, 2022, 12:14:52 PMcome to think of it, had Sunak decided to go that silly conference, I am reasonably confident that those criticising him for not going would now be screaming blue murder that he was swanning off on a jamboree and ignoring the far greater problems at home - but then, that's politics

Screwed if he does and screwed if he doesn't.  :nooo:

Diasi

It turns out it was all a misunderstanding, Sunak thought he was agreeing to let Suella Braverman work from her home office so he wouldn't have to see her in person.

October 28, 2022, 01:55:00 PM
Quote from: klondike on October 28, 2022, 11:55:14 AMNo need to be coy Raven. Even the Tories are slagging them off now  :grin:
Shortly before I resigned, I told my local Party constituency group & our MP that Sunak was a disaster for the Party & stated the various reasons for my view, & they were shared by the local Party organiser.

Forget what you see & hear on the news, all the support for Sunak comes from carefully selected people.

One of the very first things Sunak did was to phone a mate in India to talk about increasing the proposed UK / India trade deal.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]