Is this the start of Net Zero realism?

Started by klondike, March 15, 2024, 10:05:02 AM

« previous - next »

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on March 15, 2024, 11:31:57 PMNo problems.  Presumably they have cellars or storage places out of sight and mind from the proper bona fide residents who have a right to be there. 

The machines can be set up in there, with a few blow up mattresses or bales of straw for them to bed down on.  Heck, the inflatable dinghies they came on could be used as mattresses.
What?  And I suppose you're suggesting that we feed them as well?
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

dextrous63

Quote from: JBR on March 16, 2024, 11:55:04 AMWhat?  And I suppose you're suggesting that we feed them as well?
In the short term.  Some of the electricity they create could be used to run those plant uv light thingies, so they could grow their own crops down there too, and become self sufficient.

ansu

There's a saying here in Germany
"Do not do to others what you do not want to be done to you".

klondike

Similar expression here. It's what stops me rocking up on a French beach in a dinghy hoping to claim their far better pension that I get here.

Alex

Quote from: ansu on March 17, 2024, 09:36:08 AMThere's a saying here in Germany
"Do not do to others what you do not want to be done to you".

That's nicked Geklaut !  from us Ansu   :grin:

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" 

ansu

Thank you, Alex. 
However, as to migrants and our populist party AfD, maybe it could be of interest to you, too.
One of the most popular and biggest company owners in our region wrote and distributed a letter among all his employees and workers drawing their attention to the consequences for Germany and German companies if the AfD won the next election. 

Alex

Sounds like the approach some British companies had to Brexit !