Nurse Lucy Letby

Started by Alex, August 18, 2023, 08:02:54 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

that and the Peter Principle
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on August 21, 2023, 12:37:14 PMthat and the Peter Principle
Exactly, if those with the ability to do things were promoted to the top there'd be no one left who could run the job.

On the sentencing, it seems that most of the guilty verdicts were by a Jury majority vote.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

GrannyMac

There's a man on another forum, who, if he's real, strikes me as the epitome of the Peter Principle. Retiring early on an excellent pension usually means a senior level job. 

I think the days of paying public sector staff big bucks as diversity and equality managers must be coming to an end.  Younger intakes won't need teaching, they've grown up with it. 

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

I do hope some stupid easily conned psychiatrist doesn't say she's got one of these equally stupid made-up mental problems & gets her a cushty life in Rampton.

https://tinyurl.com/mre9sw4y
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

no matter what psychiatrists postulate, she is a wicked, evil woman. If I had my way she would be put down like the mad bitch she is.
[email protected]

Scrumpy

'Putting down' is far too soft for her..
I would stick her in a cell with no daylight.. reading material.. calendar..
and no words spoken to her.. I wouldn't even tell her what her sentence was..

She would love to go to Rampton.. she would have 'Friends' there and they could discuss how they 'did' it..  
Didn't WEST and HINDLEY form a very close friendship when put together !! .. I think they ruled the place..
 One more thing.. I would pull a toenail out.. every so often.. Ouch !!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 22, 2023, 08:41:02 AM'Putting down' is far too soft for her..
I would stick her in a cell with no daylight.. reading material.. calendar..
and no words spoken to her.. I wouldn't even tell her what her sentence was..

She would love to go to Rampton.. she would have 'Friends' there and they could discuss how they 'did' it.. 
Didn't WEST and HINDLEY form a very close friendship when put together !! .. I think they ruled the place..
 One more thing.. I would pull a toenail out.. every so often.. Ouch !!
I agree with that, but I still prefer hanging.
It would also save us, the taxpayers, more money!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

GrannyMac

She'll have no freedom, no life, no future. Things that mean a lot to most of us. Thats as much as the law can do here.   

There have been suggestions that she has Münchausen's syndrome by proxy.  I'm fairly sure she'll be the subject of psychiatric testing. No one who is anywhere near normal could do what she did.

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on August 22, 2023, 05:47:30 PMShe'll have no freedom, no life, no future. Things that mean a lot to most of us. Thats as much as the law can do here. 

There have been suggestions that she has Münchausen's syndrome by proxy.  I'm fairly sure she'll be the subject of psychiatric testing. No obe who is anywhere near normal could go what she did.

Another non-existent excuse dreamed up by a psychiatrist.

It's the same with Schizophrenics who claim they hear voices, when caught committing a violent crime, as an excuse.

Has anyone heard a voice in another person's head telling them to do something?

Her university halls type women's prison sounds ok to me.

https://tinyurl.com/4w54n7sd
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on August 22, 2023, 08:52:57 PMHer university halls type women's prison sounds ok to me.

https://tinyurl.com/4w54n7sd
That looks to me more like a reward than a punishment.

In fact, as word gets around, I can foresee more nurses opting for the same treatment!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

she's 33. She could easily live another 50 years. It costs, in today's money, around £47,000 a year to keep someone in prison. So she could cost the taxpayer around £2.3 million. A rope is much cheaper
[email protected]

Diasi

It's the consultant who first blew the whistle that I feel sorry for as he's got a life sentence as well.

He said during his interview that he'll always have to live with what happened.

Also the parents have a life sentence of "if only I'd stayed on the ward instead of going for a coffee" etc etc.
[email protected]

Alex

The other nurses too.  None of them knew what Letby was, she deceived all the nurses in that unit.

klondike

As an atheist what irritates me is the religious vigils and memorial services things like this often bring with them. If there was a caring all powerful god why would that god let stuff like this happen? Maybe it brings comfort to some but it wouldn't to me in such a situation. This will have tarnished so many lives.

Scrumpy

I agree..
 They usually say ,when asked where was God when you needed him.. 'There was a reason he let this happen'.. 
Bit like the royals ...  Do not explain or complain..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..