Nurse Lucy Letby

Started by Alex, August 18, 2023, 08:02:54 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

It's difficult to understand how this woman could kill defenceless babies, but she did and has been found guilty. Investigations now on going for her time at Liverpool Womens Hospital, where she had two three month training placements.

Michael Rolls

how can anyone murder a baby?
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Some of the pictures of her would make anybody think butter wouldn't melt. Probably how she got away with it so long. Later ones showed that the trial had had an effect.

As to how could she do it well there must be something wrong with the wiring in her head. One part of a story I saw suggested she may have been inducing problems with children to bring her into contact with a doctor she had her eye on.

The trial was on for weeks on end and the jury were considering their verdicts for ages too. She was actually acquitted on one of the charges. I can't see how the sentence when it comes can be anything other than a full life term.

Alex

GrannyMac

It may well be Rampton. Could anyone sound of mind do what she has been found guilty of? 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

would not have thought so.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

I think they go there if they are insane and a danger to the public. She was considered sane enough to stand trial and I can't see that she is a danger to the public now.

Scrumpy

'Butter wouldn't melt'.. She is as cold as ice...
And looks so innocent..  I find her to be cool, calm and calculated.. she knows exactly what she is doing and what she has done.. She is cruel.. evil..
She is a killer.. I wouldn't leave her alone with my cat..
She kills those that are defenseless.. She would have a whale of a time in a nursing home for the elderly.. Scary. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on August 18, 2023, 10:28:21 PMhow can anyone murder a baby?
Quite easily when they're screaming at 3am & I'm up for work at 6am. Lol  :grin:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Quote from: klondike on August 19, 2023, 07:43:15 AMI think they go there if they are insane and a danger to the public. She was considered sane enough to stand trial and I can't see that she is a danger to the public now.
That's where Beverley Allitt is, hence my thinking Letby might follow. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

I have just watched this report on the telly.
In addition to the now-proved guilt of this, probably mentally afflicted, nurse, it mentions that earlier in the investigations several hospital non-clinical administrators actively supported the nurse and even accused doctors of making unfounded personal attacks on the nurse.

It is good that this murderess is now going to receive the punishment due to her (or I hope it will), but are the administrators also going to receive punishment for supporting the murderess and consequently encouraging her to kill more?

I heard nothing more of any such thing on the documentary.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on August 19, 2023, 09:51:25 AMThat's where Beverley Allitt is, hence my thinking Letby might follow.
Beverley Allitt should never have gone to Rampton, she's a master manipulator & she ran rings round the psychiatrists.

When the police searched her home they found that she had a shelf-load of books about the symptoms of various mental illnesses, including Munchausen syndrome by proxy which she conned the psychiatrists into believing she had.

August 19, 2023, 03:11:55 PM
Quote from: JBR on August 19, 2023, 11:14:18 AMI have just watched this report on the telly.
In addition to the now-proved guilt of this, probably mentally afflicted, nurse, it mentions that earlier in the investigations several hospital non-clinical administrators actively supported the nurse and even accused doctors of making unfounded personal attacks on the nurse.

It is good that this murderess is now going to receive the punishment due to her (or I hope it will), but are the administrators also going to receive punishment for supporting the murderess and consequently encouraging her to kill more?

I heard nothing more of any such thing on the documentary.
There is the offence of Corporate Manslaughter whereby company officials can be prosecuted for deaths, for example, on a building site if they ignored reports of dangerous machinery.

By ignoring the doctors' concerns, the hospital CEO facilitated the deaths of some of the children.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

On that clip of her being arrested, you can just see the back of my friend's caravan opposite.  She was a neighbour and as someone has said, butter wouldn't melt in her mouth.  Her Mum was very chatty and a lovely person, I can't imagine how she feels now.

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on August 19, 2023, 03:17:08 PMOn that clip of her being arrested, you can just see the back of my friend's caravan opposite.  She was a neighbour and as someone has said, butter wouldn't melt in her mouth.  Her Mum was very chatty and a lovely person, I can't imagine how she feels now.
Apparently Letby confided to her Mum about some of the things she'd done.
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on August 19, 2023, 03:23:59 PMApparently Letby confided to her Mum about some of the things she'd done.
So her mother is also complicit.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire