Cruises

Started by Alex, December 10, 2023, 10:24:21 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

A friend of mine came back from a cruise recently, he had a great time apart from a storm when a window of one of the cabin's smashed with the force of the waves (not his)
He said he felt really nervous during this storm and as ex military, he's no wimp

Would you really feel safe on this ?

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Needs a bit of squirt cream...

Diasi

From a centre of gravity aspect, no I wouldn't.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

I wouldn't dream of boarding that thing.  It's like several council estates all rammed together, though the passengers probably have more money that I have, with hardly any room to move.

In a more constructive view, it could house over a thousand of our illegal immigrants (though would need hundreds of trips) to drop them off near Africa.  We could tell them that, as they have been through hell crossing the Channel, they deserve a nice holiday and, as it has been pouring with rain and snow here, they'd enjoy a nice trip to warm and sunny Africa.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

"  It's like several council estates all rammed together,  "  eh ????  As an ex council estate girl I could take umbrage with that !!!!!!!

Scrumpy

I too was brought up on a council estate.. 

I wouldn't go on a boat with loads of water slides.. and families ..
I'm not a snob.. I spent many holidays at Pontins.. We had great fun..
I've had many holidays in caravans... I love them..
I have cruised on the Canberra just before she was retired..
 The sea frightens me.. It always has.. 
I blame the movie Titanic.. scared the life out of me..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Ruthio

Next Saturday on Channel4 at 8pm Building the Billion Pound Cruise Ship...in France, engineers race to build one of the largest and most technologically advanced cruise ships in the world before almost 7,000 guests arrive for its maiden voyage.
2,500 cabins
13 dining areas
7 swimming pools
A record breaking 11-deck-high water slide
350 tons of food...

You'd have to pay me to get on board!!!
The idea appals me!

JBR

Quote from: Alex on December 11, 2023, 12:52:16 PM"  It's like several council estates all rammed together,  "  eh ????  As an ex council estate girl I could take umbrage with that !!!!!!!
No criticism intended, Alex.
Wen ah wer a lad, although we didn't live on a council estate, we did live in a poor working class area.  Although it wasn't a crime hot spot, it did suffer from a lack of amenities and pleasant parks and fields, etc., and was very limited regarding breathing space.

When I made use of the comparison to council estates, my intention was to compare what appears to be close and crowded situations which look very much the case on that ship like the sort of housing area I used to live in.  Not being snobbish, I assure you!

Cassandra

How about Rishi buying it, filling it up with UK 'immigrants' and sending it around the World forever.

Trouble is he'd need one every 12 weeks and they probably can't build them fast enough. Still anythings got to be cheaper than giving Rwanda £24O million squids for F all, or the French £140 million for similar.

I wonder if his father in law 'Mr Infosys' would tolerate such a frivolous attitude to his rupees being swilled around in such a laissez faire manner!

Bet he's dreading having to give the 'Elephant Boy Wonder' a job after next years massacre!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on December 11, 2023, 05:06:54 PMHow about Rishi buying it, filling it up with UK 'immigrants' and sending it around the World forever.

Trouble is he'd need one every 12 weeks and they probably can't build them fast enough. Still anythings got to be cheaper than giving Rwanda £24O million squids for F all, or the French £140 million for similar.

I wonder if his father in law 'Mr Infosys' would tolerate such a frivolous attitude to his rupees being swilled around in such a laissez faire manner!

Bet he's dreading having to give the 'Elephant Boy Wonder' a job after next years massacre!
A distinct possibility.
Unfortunately, Labour will be our government next year, and they will reward their friendly illegal immigrants with a lovely cruise on such ships, then bring them all back again to their four-star hotels...
on the agreement that they will all vote for the Labour party in every forthcoming election.

Raven

That thing looks nothing like a cruise ship....Not in my minds eye anyway. :shocked: