Irritating Adverts

Started by Alex, November 28, 2023, 11:58:55 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

there was a donkey sanctuary in Surrey - Victoria 'adopted' one of them and used to contribute some of her pocket money.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

The adverts that ask for money to feed the homeless..
The Salvation Army have upped their cost.. and ask for 25-30 ? to feed one person.. Blimey, for that price they could do a big pot of veg stew and feed many..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

how long for, though? I don't spend that much a day even including the Martini and wine
[email protected]

Diasi

Go on, chuck the racist / homophobe jibes.

The adverts that annoy me are the ones that portray the typical British family as mixed race with half-caste kids, or lesbians with kids.

Not forgetting the adverts with the typical family with the mandatory Autistic child getting help from some organisation or another.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I have no problems with the adverts. I don't see any of them. Nor do I watch the modern woke stuff. My viewing is mostly old stuff that I downloaded over the years. 

Michael Rolls

apart from the Rugby, I can't remember the last time that I watched live TV
[email protected]

klondike

So bin the  licence. Don't forget to ask for a refund on what is left of the current one.

Michael Rolls

then I'd miss the rugby - even at the BBC's rapacious worst it's cheaper than going to Murrayfield - and more comfortable!
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on December 01, 2023, 09:29:38 AMThe adverts that ask for money to feed the homeless..
The Salvation Army have upped their cost.. and ask for 25-30 ? to feed one person.. Blimey, for that price they could do a big pot of veg stew and feed many..
Cor yes, I've been getting animal charity requests with £70 being suggested.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Ashy

Quote from: Scrumpy on December 01, 2023, 09:29:38 AMThe adverts that ask for money to feed the homeless..
The food costs £2, the rest is the taxi fare.

Michael Rolls

that's odd - I always get their Christmas appeal and always donate to it. This year they asked for £9 or whatever one felt like - I gave rather more
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Charities are greedy..  People work for free in their shops.. The people at the top are racking it it..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on December 02, 2023, 09:38:29 AMCharities are greedy..  People work for free in their shops.. The people at the top are racking it it..
Absolutely, but isn't that the case in most organisations: charities, the NHS, religions, etc.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

GrannyMac

Quote from: Scrumpy on December 02, 2023, 09:38:29 AMCharities are greedy..  People work for free in their shops.. The people at the top are racking it it..
The big ones are businesses, thats how they make so much to use for charitable purposes.  The BHF, the charity where I volunteer, pays the CEO and the directors a whack, but even so £144million went to research etc, last year 80% of profit.

A handful of well meaning volunteers couldn't do that.  The shops are run by paid staff, we volunteers just help out. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on December 02, 2023, 12:46:48 PMThe big ones are businesses, thats how they make so much to use for charitable purposes.  The BHF, the charity where I volunteer, pays the CEO and the directors a whack, but even so £144million went to research etc, last year 80% of profit.

A handful of well meaning volunteers couldn't do that.  The shops are run by paid staff, we volunteers just help out.
Well if that is the case with the BHF, that's all well and good.
I suspect, though, that some other charities may not be quite the same, naming no names.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire