Irritating Adverts

Started by Alex, November 28, 2023, 11:58:55 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

I reach for the mute button when this comes on, if I'm quick enough it drives me crackers !

Ooops
Sorry can't get it to work, it was an advert for Marc Jacobs ' Perfect'

Scrumpy

The John Lewis ad.. Quite ridiculous.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Cassandra

Quote from: Scrumpy on November 28, 2023, 12:43:49 PMThe John Lewis ad.. Quite ridiculous.

Haven't seen them, but the one for the Irish Pub is doing the rounds here - brilliant and cost less than £700 to make!

The Woke Gen Z's as the consumerati (though their skint) and the dopy guache Millenials who run the advertising agencies and also control the budgets for the stupid firms who pay for such rubbish are to blame.

Over here is far more traditional over Xmas thank goodness.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Alex

The pub one is lovely !

https://www.itv.com/news/utv/2023-11-27/northern-ireland-pubs-christmas-advert-goes-viral

November 28, 2023, 06:08:24 PM
OK this is the one I was trying to post, but this is a shorter version,  they reach about 74
 ' perfect' on original one.

GrannyMac

Someone changed a billboard showing Johnny Depp advertising Au Sauvage, to Au Sausage. A definite improvement!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Raven

Just about all of them, if I'm on the recorded stuff I wizz through them.  :busted:

Michael Rolls

I find nearly all adverts irritating
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Quote from: Cassandra on November 28, 2023, 12:53:28 PMOver here is far more traditional over Xmas thank goodness.

Our traditional Christmas is slowly disappearing..

I shall put my Christmas reef on front door over the weekend..
No 10 have got theirs up already... 
I don't put a lot of decorations up  but I found some sparkly snowflakes.. They look lovely on the window.. 
When we were kids we had the colourful paper chains hanging all over the place.. Us kids spent ages gluing them together.. At one time we had a fairy made out of the cardboard from a toilet roll ... Them were the days... :clap:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

we used to love making those paper chains - and inevitably one of the links would give way and have to reglued
[email protected]

Ashy

Quote from: Michael Rolls on November 30, 2023, 06:01:01 AMI find nearly all adverts irritating
Me too, I don't watch them but can't help getting some of the messages. Apparently if I want to adopt an animal (which may or may not really exist) I can choose between an elephant, snow leopard, polar bear, donkey etc.

Michael Rolls

but where would you keep them?   :grin:  :grin:  :grin:
[email protected]

Ashy

The scam is that they keep them, if they exist. We only have to pay them.

klondike

I think things like donkey sanctuaries exist and they usually have facilities for sponsors to visit. I doubt that the more exotic ones do unless in zoos.

Ashy

Raven

Quote from: klondike on November 30, 2023, 10:10:05 AMI think things like donkey sanctuaries exist and they usually have facilities for sponsors to visit. I doubt that the more exotic ones do unless in zoos.

We have an animal sanctuary over in Groats, there's some donkeys there. Your able to go in and visit, buy a wee thing from the shop and/or leave a donation in the box.
Everytime my granddaughter is up here we have to make a trip out there to see the animals.