Songs from our Youth

Started by Alex, October 18, 2023, 11:49:23 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

Just heard this on the radio, one I'd forgotten about !

Cassandra

Saw him perform 'A Teenager in Love' at Hammersmith Odeon with my older cousin, she was smitten by him. The record was good, but I said 'perform' as I couldn't hear a thing with all the screaming!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Alex

Same happened to me when I saw The Beatles live, you couldn't hear them properly, but I was probably one of the offenders. :grin:

Michael Rolls

don't reember that ine at all - bit do remember Teenager in love
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Quote from: Alex on October 18, 2023, 01:51:51 PMSame happened to me when I saw The Beatles live, you couldn't hear them properly, but I was probably one of the offenders. :grin:
Same here in Dundee, but I hated the screaming, I wanted to hear them!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

I haven't seen any of the big stars from my time.. Yet they were appearing all around my area..  I wished I had.. The Stones.. being one if them.. and I would have loved to have seen Queen ... Live Aid..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

I saw the Hollies, absolutely loved them. Johnny Kidd & The Pirates, Eden Kane, and the Bay City Rollers who used to play in our local dance hall before they were famous.  I wasn't really a fan though. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

dextrous63

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 19, 2023, 09:02:00 AMI haven't seen any of the big stars from my time.. Yet they were appearing all around my area..  I wished I had.. The Stones.. being one if them.. and I would have loved to have seen Queen ... Live Aid..
I know.  Haven't seen a Cockney one-man-band walking around the streets in his pearly suit for donkey's years. 

Scrumpy

We had loads of buskers around.. especially in Croydon.. Some were brilliant . I guess it's being in the right place at the right time..
I have never seen a Pearly King or Queen.. I think they had their own manors .

Alex

Did you live in Croydon years ago Scrumpy ?  I bet you wouldn't recognise the place now.    GM I used to love Eden Kane, well I ask you who wouldn't ?  :grin:

Scrumpy

I lived near Croydon.. It was a bus ride away.. I wouldn't even go there now.. 

Raven

Saw a lot of the big stars back in the late 60s early 70s. But one song has stuck in my head form the first time I heard it all those years ago......I still love it.

https://youtu.be/vJEs2uM7zaM?si=Va1drz9PI4lut0e-

Alex

:yell:   very popular song 😄

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]