Interesting Photos

Started by Alex, August 09, 2023, 08:24:35 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Concorde on a barge in New York headed to Brooklyn Navy Yard where it will be restored.  What a beautiful sight, I saw one once at Manchester Airport.   Apparently it took 2 hours to move the plane onto the barge.

klondike

Concorde and the Shuttle. Two revolutionary icons brought low by safety faults.

Michael Rolls

I had always promised myself a flight in her, but never managed, although I did have a guided tour over the one parked at East Fortune
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

I have seen her in the sky..  Unforgettable image.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

coming into Heathrow - still in the holding pattern - from Dublin, the sun was sinking so the earth was dark whilst we were still in sunshine - then Concorde emerged from the gloom into the sun, shining brilliantly - unforgettable sight
[email protected]

Alex

I'd be frightened to death in this !  Russian amphibious Beriev Be-200 Altair aircraft

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

Scrumpy

I don't like taking off over the sea.. Gibralta is 'interesting'.. to say the least..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Soviet engineering. A jet powered fling boat. What could go wrong.

Raven

I also saw the one at East Fortune, it was a Sunday and I liked to sometimes drive down to the huge market that was held there.

Michael Rolls

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 13, 2023, 09:53:45 AMI don't like taking off over the sea.. Gibralta is 'interesting'.. to say the least..
There is a claim, possibly apocryphal, that at least one RAF aircrew squad room has a message on the wall saying that nobody should attempt to land at Gibraltar unless they have landed there before!
[email protected]