Escaped Lioness

Started by Alex, July 20, 2023, 11:13:36 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Just reading about an escaped lion in Berlin ! they think it's female but as the zoo and circuses haven't reported any missing animals, the police think it's somebody's escaped pet !  Army tanks and snipers have been deployed in the city but according to the veterinary office, no private lion owners are known in the region, leading to the possibility of an illegally kept predatory animal likely bought by the 'lion mafia' in Eastern Europe.

The poor animal is probably enjoying her first taste of freedom, so I hope they manage to tranquilise her and  not kill her.

Scrumpy

I hope it doesn't get shot.. People who keep wildlife as a trophy /pet are cruel.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

The son of a Remmo gangster is thought to be the owner, I hope it's taken to a zoo. 

Diasi

It could be handed over to the IFAW because we rehabilitate such animals & then return them to either the wild or to large reserves.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Raven

I didn't think the public were allowed to have big cats as pets. :shocked:

Alex

Quote from: Diasi on July 21, 2023, 09:13:23 AMIt could be handed over to the IFAW because we rehabilitate such animals & then return them to either the wild or to large reserves.

Even better !

July 21, 2023, 12:27:38 PM
Quote from: Raven on July 21, 2023, 11:00:43 AMI didn't think the public were allowed to have big cats as pets. :shocked:

It's not against the law in Germany - unfortunately.

1955vintage

Now they are saying it is a boar.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Michael Rolls

how can anyone confuse the two?
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Perhaps the lion self declared?

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

Alex

I saw a clip and it looked like a puma to me, far too slim to be a boar.

Alex

Someone is taking the Hoagy Carmichael here  :grin:  :grin:

Panic in Berlin! After residents in the district of Spandau spotted and photographed a king cobra, a large contingent of police is now looking for the highly poisonous animal.

Michael Rolls

Wha?? Now a lioness has morphed into a boar, then into a snake? What are these people on?
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on July 24, 2023, 09:08:25 PMSomeone is taking the Hoagy Carmichael here  :grin:  :grin:

Panic in Berlin! After residents in the district of Spandau spotted and photographed a king cobra, a large contingent of police is now looking for the highly poisonous animal.
I wonder if the authorities have thought about looking at the burglary rate.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

The people are being told to stay indoors though  :grin:  :grin: