Smile of the day..

Started by Scrumpy, November 04, 2022, 03:31:20 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

In M&S today..
I was going through check-out. I cary my cards ,cash in a little sparkly purse.. I put it on the counter and the fastening clips were attracted to a magnet that is used to release security tags from alcohol bottles .. It was a bugger to release it .. the cashier , being a male, tugged it free..

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Pennies are magnetic. I imagine those all go in the poor box should you get any though.  :grin:

Scrumpy

Seldom carry cash.. The clasps on this tiny purse were attracted to the magnet..

The poor box!!! What a quaint expression..

klondike

Ah I thought that was what posh folks called 'em.  :grin:

Alex

M & S food shopping Scrumpy  ?  very expensive !
Last weekend I bought a Chicken and Leek pie with shortcrust pastry and I was very disappointed with it, as were my gang.

Scrumpy

Should'a gone to Waitrose...  :nooo:

Alex

Jacqueline

Waitrose? we are far to down the social ladder for a Waitrose around here in west Wales, my nearest is 72 miles away in Cowbridge ( a pricey suburb of Cardiff)!! looking at the other stores in Wales, Abergavenny, Monmouth,  it's only the areas with expensive houses that have Waitrose.  We must be classed as peasant's in my neck of the woods, much too common to shop in such a store. So I'll stick to Aldi!!

GrannyMac

Went to Lidl this morning, but they didn't have a couple of things I wanted, so popped into the Tesco nearby. Lidl butter is £2.15!  Not many prices I take note of, but it was under £1.50 a few months ago. Its £1.99 in Tesco and Sainsburys.

There is a Waitrose here, but its an awkward drive, so I rarely bother. Its across town in a more affluent area.  Sainsburys, 2 Tescos, 2 Lidls, Asda, Morrisons, Aldi, Home Bargains all within 10 mins.  Spoilt for choice.   M&S is city centre.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

I do all of my shopping in Aldi every week, I do go to Lidl for my bread as they have a bakery on site, but it's only two minutes from Aldi.
M & S is at Cheshire Oaks for me and it's a massive shop where I can get lost.  The food hall there is lovely and if we time our visit for about 3pm they've reduced a lot of the food !
Waitrose is a bit of a drive and tbh I wouldn't go there as it's too expensive.  Having said that, if I want any out of the ordinary ingredients for a recipe, I know I will find it there.  Tristan and Tamara shop there all the time...... :cool:

GrannyMac

Cheshire Oaks is a great shopping centre, I've been a few times with my son's family. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

I have been to Cheshire Oaks.. Big place.. Easy parking.. and a good variety of shops..

Alex

I rarely go over to the 'outlet' side of Cheshire Oaks, too many bloody sports shops, of course the young people are the target.  M & S is on another part of the complex, so I tend to go there where there's also a Boots, Next and a new Matalan.  :upvote: