council refund.and price rises,

Started by alfred, May 06, 2022, 08:40:00 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

I could survive better without a state pension..
I would apply for all the added extras that some get..

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I've just had a mystery £150 credit appear in my bank account. No idea if this is the council rebate as I've had no notification and the reference on the credit is just gobbledegook to me. Did others just get theirs appear unannounced and unidentifiable too?

Reference on it - WESTNA6G1-DIRECTDE

A google search doesn't give  a match but a guessed result is to Ofgem. When I checked the council website it said direct debit payers would be the first to get theirs and the reference does contain DIRECTDE and was probably truncated.

I'm pretty sure it is the rebate as my payments for being a Russian troll and Amazon review faker are always in cash and just get put through the letterbox.

-Oy-

Quote from: klondike on May 16, 2022, 08:47:28 AM
I've just had a mystery £150 credit appear in my bank account. No idea if this is the council rebate as I've had no notification and the reference on the credit is just gobbledegook to me. Did others just get theirs appear unannounced and unidentifiable too?
Yep - appeared a few weeks ago!
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

klondike

With notification or identifiable source?

I thought at first I'd been playing monopoly and had a bank error in my favour.

-Oy-

Quote from: klondike on May 16, 2022, 09:31:42 AM
With notification or identifiable source?

I thought at first I'd been playing monopoly and had a bank error in my favour.
No notification but appeared on my banking as our local council and CTREBATE.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

Scrumpy

My 150 appeared without notification.. a few weeks back.. I pay by DD.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

I had a letter from the council to say mine had been paid, they could have saved on postage though. :rolleyes:

GrannyMac

Our council are paying from this week I'm led to believe. 🤔 We'll see.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖