The Smilies?

Started by Raven, December 18, 2021, 01:28:27 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

There are reasons people do want them but I think Sciatico is just paranoid. The funny thing is because VPN IP's are easy to identify so was he. Mind you I'd have been able to identify him from his Azorian IP too. If you really want privacy don't go blabbing stuff out. Especially if your aim is to annoy people.

Alex

Was he really in the Azores then  ?  :cool:

Scrumpy

Could someone explain ( in simple terms) why I cannot use the above emojos.. I can't use bold or Italic print..
Is it just me..!! :worried:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Scrumpy

I think it might be working

However, it does not show when I am typing it.. How strange..

Alex

:cool: :bandaged: :nooo:
they seem ok for me Scrumpy, although you can't see the little men until you press  Post.

Scrumpy

Alex... I have just worked that out..   Good morning..

Alex

klondike

This forum isn't set to use the WYSIWYG editor because it's that which causes the annoying phantom SIZE=100% and the like throughout posts sometimes. I posted about that in the real PF and here. You can turn it on if you want to here https://pensioners.digitalham.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;area=theme but then you'll have the spurious junk appearing in posts sometimes.

To use this default editor highlight whatever it is you want changing and click the relevant button after.

I explained in more detail here https://pensioners.digitalham.co.uk/index.php/topic,13.msg131.html#msg131

Alex

Gawd klondike I've only had one cup of coffee  [2080]

Scrumpy

klondike

Quote from: Alex on December 20, 2021, 09:23:53 AM
Gawd klondike I've only had one cup of coffee  [2080]
Think yourself lucky I didn't install a PHP forum (as used by GOM and indeed many other boards) I did at first then thought  it was just too different and folks wouldn't like it so I installed Simple Machines warts and all instead. Much smaller dev group so  less options, less updates so more bugs but looks essentially the same as PF.

I suppose I could make it buggy by default and tell folks how to fix it  :hmm:

Alex

You've lost me now and given Scrumpy a headache  ! :lipsrsealed:

klondike

It's simple. The annoying dodgy tags that appear in posts in th[size=78%]is sort of format are caused by the default editor on PF.

Turning that default off gets rid of that bug but makes the behavior different when making formatting commands and posting external images.

You have the option to use either but don't complain about rubbish like this getting added to your w[/size][size=78%]ords of wisdom if you swap back to using the WYSYWIG editor.[/size]

Alex

Why would we swap back  ?

crabbyob