cheaper electricity appliances ,

Started by alfred, May 01, 2022, 09:16:41 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

It seems since the expected heavy dual fuel bills have begun and more to come in october  it seems there are ideas of saving money to combat the heavy fuel bills by using and cutting down the amount of energy we use

items like fridges which have to be on 24/7 days a week where as filling up a kettle of water filling it to half a kettle to make a cup of tea,  and switching off appliances rather than leave them on stand by also saves money over a year  ,

i bought a breville appliance which boils up a cup of tea in 30 seconds which over time will also save money ,

Q; what ideas or what have you bought to save money to combat dearer fuel bills , and if so will you share your thoughts with us,

Sheila

I've been using our halogen oven more often, hoping that it uses less electricity than the Neff fan oven.  Does anyone know if this is the case please?

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Quote from: Sheila on May 01, 2022, 09:58:22 AM
I've been using our halogen oven more often, hoping that it uses less electricity than the Neff fan oven.  Does anyone know if this is the case please?

In a word, yes. It uses a lot less.

https://www.beeco.green/facts/halogen-ovens-faq/
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Sheila

Thanks.  Our new kitchen is full of Neff products and I am not very impressed with them.

1955vintage

We  have just fitted a new kitchen with Caple products, a British firm based in Bristol. Highly recommended. Good after sales service.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off