The boring thread.....

Started by Scrumpy, July 18, 2023, 11:58:08 AM

« previous - next »

GrannyMac

Thanks ladies!  Getting a pre diabetes warning kicked it off!  I've lost almost 2 stone since January, and I feel so much better.  My arthritic knee has really benefited.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

I had the first meeting with my "Health and Wellbeing" councillor the other day which the GP recommended. Seems that is mostly aimed towards weight loss. I'd be happy with a stone off. Been trying to do that with zero success for years.

He's had me recording food intake each day til the next session next Friday. I think that alone has cut me down some on picking.

Picked up the meds that are supposed to be an alternate to statins once I get the nod following a blood test (over 2 weeks lead time on what used to be a walk in service). Read up on the tablets. Seriously unimpressed with the potential side effects. I will give them a go but if I get any of the listed common side effects I won't be joining...
Common side effects
These common side effects of ezetimibe happen to more than 1 in 100 people. There are things you can do to help cope with them:

Stomach (abdominal) pain
Diarrhoea
Farting more than usual
Feeling more tired than usual

https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/ezetimibe/side-effects-of-ezetimibe/

GrannyMac

My biggest issue was sugar.  I don't like tea and coffee unsweetened, and sweeteners always tasted weird.   I found a sugar alternative, Stevia, I now use that. I can sprinkle it on cereal and in porridge.  The demerara is particularly good. My sweet tooth used to lead me to ice cream, cake, chocolate etc.  I now really limit my intake of those, but I have the odd treat.   Snacking in the evening is under control too!   Alcohol, especially beer and wine, is full of sugar.  Gin and slimline tonic is much better!

There are so many things we can eat, we had grilled bacon medallions, with poached egg and tinned tomatoes on wholemeal toast last night. Easy tea, and it's salad weather now, even easier. 

I hope the meds work for you, OH and son both have had side effects from statins, but moving to different types seems to be working for them. 

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Just finished painting the banisters around my decking..
So, so boring.. It has taken 2 days.. but I did it.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..