Panic, panic panic..

Started by Scrumpy, February 26, 2022, 05:52:22 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Motorist in some areas are starting to panic buy at petrol stations... Many queues are forming..

WHY !! Could someone make sense of all this please because I cannot.. !!!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Flying Bomb

Raven

I read today that thanks to Putin the price of fuel could rise to £2 per litre. That could be the cause.....Maybe. :cry:

zoony

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 26, 2022, 05:52:22 PM
Motorist in some areas are starting to panic buy at petrol stations... Many queues are forming..

WHY !! Could someone make sense of all this please because I cannot.. !!!

If you made a living driving you'd be filling up too I suspect. As for the toilet-paper-eaters, they deserve all they get.

Scrumpy

But panic buying causes shortages..

Diasi

Quote from: Raven on February 26, 2022, 06:04:58 PM
I read today that thanks to Putin the price of fuel could rise to £2 per litre. That could be the cause.....Maybe. :cry:

It's nothing to do with Putin, it's the oil traders, in cahoots with Arabs, are making obscene opportunistic profits.

The supply of oil need be no different today than it was 20 years ago but the Arabs are deliberately reducing the amount of oil they pump.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Raven on February 26, 2022, 09:27:47 PM
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/panic-fuel-ukraine-motorists-sanctions-b2023649.html

Yes that's what I mean, speculative opportunistic price increases that aren't connected to the amount of oil that's available.

It's precisely the same as when a £1 handwash was being sold for £10 during the first wave of the Covid 19 pandemic in April 2020.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

I'm surprised they're not blaming Brexit  :grin:

Michael Rolls

just wait - they will!
Mike 😁😁
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Granny49 would have a field day with this one..  :grin: :grin: :grin:

crabbyob

i think its to do with social distancing, and the lack of masks...

klondike

Yep. Them Ruskies are far too close.

Raven

Came back from the Hairy Ones's walk the long way this morning, past 3 garages. No waiting in line at any of them in fact one forecourt was empty. :clap: