Would you buy an electric car?

Started by JBR, August 24, 2022, 05:58:04 PM

« previous - next »

JBR

Heavily increased road taxes applied to all, including EVs, AND
heavily increased electricity charges for ALL, not just EVs.

I think the only eventual solution would be for everyone to refuse to buy EVs or buy a bicycle, as they are the only thing completely free to use!
Shame about the elderly and those unable to use bicycles!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

In the unlikely event that they continue with this idiotic policy of stopping sales of ice cars then they will start charging by miles driven for sure. 

I cannot see any chance that the infrastructure will be in place in time plus as energy prices rocket and the cost per mile between electric and diesel narrows or even goes in favour of diesel sales of electric cars will tank removing the incentive to provide the infrastructure.

This is another example of Net Zero bullshit that will not work.

Ashy

There will probably be an anarchist group called "Stop Electricity" going round smashing things up by then too.

JBR

Quote from: Ashy on September 02, 2022, 09:28:46 PMThere will probably be an anarchist group called "Stop Electricity" going round smashing things up by then too.
I'd try to convince them that the best way to 'stop electricity' would be to climb up an electricity pylon and pull one of the cables down.
Of course, I'd tell them to be careful and use a long metal rod to keep themselves well away from that dangerous electricity.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Don't know if this is true, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is. It has the ring of idiot politicians about it.  [2110]

JBR

Well, they say that where America goes, Britain follows!