The First Minister of Wales.

Started by Diasi, March 18, 2024, 06:58:39 PM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Who's completed the hat trick of non-ethnic mainland UK leaders.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

1955vintage

Unlike the Major of London who makes it four.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Diasi

Quote from: 1955vintage on March 18, 2024, 08:23:50 PMUnlike the Major of London who makes it four.
I meant leaders of the three mainland UK countries.

If we included leaders of all public bodies there'd be dozens of them.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

GrannyMac

His dad is Welsh, and white.  More than can be said of Sunak, or Yusuf.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Cassandra

Yet another substandard Green round the edges future failure. How many have they got!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on March 18, 2024, 08:40:53 PMHis mum is Welsh, and white.  More than can be said of Sunak, or Yusuf.
Ok, half non-ethnic if that's better.

The media call him the first black leader of a European country.
[email protected]

GrannyMac

They will focus on that, no surprise really. Let's hope he's an improvement on Drakeford.

ansu

Yes, it was really a surprise to me, too.
However, if it's true what the guide during my sightseeing tour across Wales said, even during the Roman occupation of Wales the Welsh mixed up with the Roman soldiers - a bit like along the Rhine in Germany.

Alex

His Dad was a Welsh vet and met his African Mum in South Africa where he'd gone to work, she was a chicken farmer.   Vaughan was born in Zambia, fascinating story of another non white to have ' made it' in racist Britain !  :smiley:

GrannyMac

I think we're more classist than racist.  There are many non white families, from all sorts of nationalities, in traditionally middle class areas, who fit in perfectly well, because they have chosen to integrate, and generally respect our way of life. 

Having a vet for a parent suggests a good standard of living, a positive approach to education etc.  Very different to a mixed race kid on an estate, who doesn't know his father and a mum, with perhaps several other kids, on benefits.

Diasi

Well from what I saw on ITV News he's a full-blown black leader according to the black community that were interviewed, with no mention of him being half white.
[email protected]