two years!

Started by Michael Rolls, March 24, 2022, 05:04:35 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Just realised that yesterday, the 23rd, was the second anniversary of the first lockdown. Don't know whether to celebrate or break down in tears of frustration
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

the big problem is the politicians and their advisors - 'we must be seen to be doing something'. Nobody can deny that lockdowns are an obvious 'something' even if a pretty useless one
Mike
[email protected]

Scrumpy

The biggest problem was the government DIDN'T listen to the experts..
They dished out millions to those who supplied protective gear.. Usually a 'friend of a friend'..
They treated us as idiots when telling us what WE MUST do..  Many who were dishing out the rules didn't follow them..
Millions spent on Furlough... and many gained from this..
Covid has bought many companies to their heels.. many to disappear  and many more to thrive..   
Boris has stood his ground.. I doubt others could have done better.. It is easy to say 'Shoulda.. Woulda. Coulda' When we know what we are dealing with.. Unfortunately no-one really knew..
Only the opposition.. but they know how to deal with everything.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

scrumpy
They certainly listened to Whitty and SAGE even when it was obvious that the numbers that were being quoted were, way out. The first lockdown - nobody knew what would work, what wouldn't, so unreasonable to attach blame - but it should have been pretty clear thereafter.
Mike
[email protected]

klondike

Yep. From observation of traffic alone here it is pretty obvious to me that large numbers of people either realised that the lockdowns were ineffective or so flawed that they were not worth following.

Outside mine for most of lockdown one traffic more or less stopped. For subsequent ones you'd be very hard put to see any reduction at all.

Clever old bug that covid. For instance it gathered around checkouts in supermarkets so 2m distancing was often rigidly enforced but steered clear of the aisles where folk mostly rubbed shoulders just as normal.

Scrumpy

I only saw a couple of people yesterday with masks on.. and one of those was outside.. away from people.. She stuck out like a sore thumb..

Will the young , in years to come, look back and say  ' I remember when we all had to follow the arrows.'  !!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

There used to be an old joke along the lines of  "What arrows? I didn't even see the Indians." Can't say that now in lots of places....

crabbyob

well i think isolation might have saved mine and plenty others lives...
i have a stinking cold with a terrible cough, but i had to go to the stupid market yesterday
i say stupid market because for the first time i forgot my wallet and only founed out when queueing for the check-out, so i deposited my barra at security and scuttled off for my Wallet but still i and about 25% of the customers were masked up, yes they were mainly pensioners... ok we are mostly well vaccinated now [i have four tickets...lol] and being honest i only wore the mask because of my cold, i didnt want to 'share' it... so i agree with the head girl...Thank You Boris...[/i]