Started by JBR, April 19, 2024, 07:03:27 PM

« previous - next »

JBR

A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

muddy

😂😂😂😂

So sad when old friends get delusional 

Vlad

Yorkshire has some beautiful countryside. I think it's rather more due to the particular Vikings that settled there.

Olaf the Dour, Eric the Bloody Miserable, Leif the Tight-Fisted, and (of course) Cnut the Cnut.
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

GrannyMac

I believe they taught the Scots about being 'thrifty'.  There's a saying here in Yorkshire, 'Hear all, see all, say nowt; take all, keep all, gie nowt, and if tha ever does owt for nowt, do it for thisen''.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

dextrous63

😬😬😬😬

I wanna see you make a monopoly board using famous places in Yorkshire JB.  That should shorten the game by several hours😉😬🤭

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

1955vintage

The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Vlad

Quote from: 1955vintage on April 20, 2024, 09:12:09 AMAnd the beer is crap.
Hell yes...John Smiths Richmond N York's 1960s I can still taste it....
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on April 19, 2024, 07:37:16 PMI believe they taught the Scots about being 'thrifty'.  There's a saying here in Yorkshire, 'Hear all, see all, say nowt; take all, keep all, gie nowt, and if tha ever does owt for nowt, do it for thisen''. 
The Yorkshire National Anthem.

April 20, 2024, 10:36:24 AM
Quote from: dextrous63 on April 19, 2024, 07:39:00 PM😬😬😬😬
I wanna see you make a monopoly board using famous places in Yorkshire JB.  That should shorten the game by several hours😉😬🤭
I reckon I could do that quite easily.
Mayfair would be replaced by Harrogate.
Old Kent Road by Bradfordistan.

In fact, you've got me thinking now and, when I have time, I could reproduce that playing board with different name places:  22 cities or towns and four railway stations.
Watch this space!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

GrannyMac

Here's some to choose from: The Winter Gardens and Crucible in Sheffield, Doncaster Racecourse, Huddersfield Rail Station.  The Shambles in York, Harrogate Spa. Yorkshire Wildlife Park.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

ansu

I never have been to Yorkshire, but I had a very nice mail partner there and I was told that people there are very chatty.