Handy product features

Started by klondike, September 29, 2022, 03:35:19 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

I was looking at this fishing head torch on Amazon

I asked #1 son what he thought to it. He reckons that the camo will come in really handy at night.... :hmm:

Ashy

Yes but the camouflage is for wearing it during the day so the fish won't suspect.

Raven

I have a head torch for when I'm outside in the dark with the dog. No street lights here.

Alex

My lad has a headlight when he's walking the dogs, we've got streetlights but since they changed the bulbs they're bloody useless  :grin:

Raven

I got a shock the first time I returned to Perth and the new type street lights were in place. They make driving more difficult as there's so many shadows. It's also hard to see folk walking along on the pavement, usually wearing dark clothes. I crawl along at 15/20mph, terrified some kid on a bike with no lights will pop out in front of me.  [1080]  [1080] 

klondike

I think they are LED torches selotaped on the poles. 

Ashy

This is where politicians are so stupid. When an engineer designs a row of street lamps, factors are taken into consideration which include the light bulbs and reflectors. Then they put a different light source on the same poles and they don't work right.

They are equally stupid with gutters and drains when they want to change the kerb layouts.

Sheila

I no longer feel safe walking along our bumpy pavements since the street lights were 'improved'.  Our council is broke but they spend money on stupid things, the latest being to put signs on lamp posts saying how many minutes it takes to walk to the local school!  

Ashy

Quote from: Sheila on September 30, 2022, 08:21:20 AMsigns on lamp posts saying how many minutes it takes to walk to the local school
The stupidity is just off the scale. If you had any business at the school you would know how long it takes to get there. Why can't we find any politicians who have all their marbles?

Our lot has invented a "school street" now, most streets with a school entrance in them only teachers may drive on them at certain times of day, parents cannot drive up to the school any more.

klondike

Quote from: Ashy on September 29, 2022, 10:47:20 PMThey are equally stupid with gutters and drains when they want to change the kerb layouts.
There is a bus stop just up the road from me. As there are on street parking bays they constructed a platform to the main carriageway in the parking area at pavement height. There is a gentle slope and they did fit a covered channel through to the drain a little further down. There is a recreation ground over the road with trees all round it. The council relies on the wind for leaf clearance and the channel is invariably blocked. Every time there is much rain the gutter uphill of the bus stop floods to the joy of any parking there who want a footbath.

Ashy

Our council has still not picked up last autumn's leaves, they're off their trees.

klondike

There were some clearing the 6 inch of mulch in the gutter a while back (probably before more cuts). I complained to them that they were destroying my potato bed but they must have either thought I was joking or didn't care as they just laughed.