Has anyone..

Started by Scrumpy, September 27, 2022, 08:59:48 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

don't have central heating - rooms have individual heaters, some storage, some radiant. At the moment heat only on (and then on low) in the big lounge and the kitchen - no, I lie. Both bathrooms have their towel rails on low
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on October 12, 2022, 11:41:07 AMSadly no. Our North facing bathroom is always cold, so its been on for a wee while first thing.  Thats been pretty much all though.  OH has reduced the hot water top temperature, we don't really need it scalding.  Our house was often too warm for me, but OH wants to keep the costs down, so he's wrapping up more.

Streaming sunshine into our sitting room at the front atm, I'm comfortable without my cardigan.
I've been ok in just a tee shirt but it's dull here so I've put on a lightweight jumper, more or less to keep my arms warm.

As I've said before, I doubt that any of us would have guessed, a year ago, that we'd be having this conversation.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

The weather here in the SE has been above average temp for this time of the year.. 
I doubt many have put their heating on yet..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

5C first breakfast time, now 11C - positively balmy
[email protected]

Scrumpy

My house is 18C at the moment.. I have sunroom door open ..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

I've just put my heating on for a couple of hours, it's really cold here in spite of wearing a jumper and a cardigan.  I've bled the radiators but the boiler is still making trickling noises so I'll just turn up the music  :grin:

Jacqueline

I seem to be feeling the cold more now than ever so the heating is on, to hell with the expense!

klondike

Mine has been on but set lower than normal for a couple of weeks. It seems to only come on first thing and npt for long. I haven't felt cold at all.

Michael Rolls

I think that I am getting used to 18-19C rather than 21-22C. Mind you, I am more heavily dressed than usual
[email protected]

klondike

I wonder if the prices will ever go down to what they were previously. Weren't we told that the windmills would give us cheaper power? I heard that the price many of the companies get is variable and based on the price of gas so they haven't saved us anything at all during this period of price instability. They get paid to turn them off when there is sufficient power without them. It's all a shambles. Same as most things it seems.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on October 18, 2022, 09:30:53 PMI wonder if the prices will ever go down to what they were previously. Weren't we told that the windmills would give us cheaper power? I heard that the price many of the companies get is variable and based on the price of gas so they haven't saved us anything at all during this period of price instability. They get paid to turn them off when there is sufficient power without them. It's all a shambles. Same as most things it seems.
I've not turned our CH on & I'm going to try & get through the entire winter without doing although I'll enable the frost protection function.

Well wholesale gas prices fell by 21% in August so I'd expect a reduction when they start using this gas as I know they buy it in bulk in advance.

The renewable energy producers must be making a phenomenal profit, far higher than the gas & oil energy producers, as their prices are matched to the price of gas energy.

There are no charts showing the wholesale prices of wind & sun.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Quote from: klondike on October 18, 2022, 09:21:49 PMMine has been on but set lower than normal for a couple of weeks. It seems to only come on first thing and npt for long. I haven't felt cold at all.

That's like us. Our thermostat is set much lower than previously, we just take the chill off first thing for showers. 

We worked in the garden yesterday for a while, it was warm and sunny, the weather is a big plus. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

'Hunt the *unt' has said that after April 2023 targetted help will be given to vulnerable households & not the rich.

For pensioners this is the usual code to indicate that it will only go to those in receipt of Pension Credit.

All pensioners who get a private pension, no matter how small, are classed as rich. 
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

that does seem to be the thinking
[email protected]

Ashy

Quote from: klondike on October 18, 2022, 09:30:53 PMI wonder if the prices will ever go down to what they were previously. Weren't we told that the windmills would give us cheaper power? I heard that the price many of the companies get is variable and based on the price of gas so they haven't saved us anything at all during this period of price instability. They get paid to turn them off when there is sufficient power without them. It's all a shambles. Same as most things it seems.
If they don't bring the price down, what's the point of ruining the land and sea to build them? Especially when it takes more energy to build a windmill than it can generate in its entire lifetime. It's a money laundering scam again.