Has anyone..

Started by Scrumpy, September 27, 2022, 08:59:48 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Quote from: GrannyMac on September 28, 2022, 09:19:09 AMa credit balance, sitting in the bank at 0.02% wasn't earning, although the increased interest rates could mean a rethink.
You must be a glass half full kinda gal.

You really think they'll pass on the higher interest rates  they'll be charging borrowers at any worthwhile level to those in credit? 

Diasi

Well that was easy, Shell replied to my question quite promptly & they're now changing our account to a variable Direct Debit whereby a payment for the exact amount of the bill will be taken 10 days after the billing date.

So full marks to Shell for their customer service & efficiency.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

I put heating on this morning for an hour.. Went for a walk.. done washing.. Temp still comfortable in the house..  
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

🤞🤞🤞 Haven't put any heating on yet 0 trying to get used to the house being 17-18 rather than 21-22
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Only the fire, a couple of times. Weather man says it's warming up a bit next week.

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

Raven

So do I, I hate the cold. Got a right shock a couple of days ago. Went into the pool for my morning swim and yelped out loud.......it was bloody freezing.  :yell:
I only managed 20 lengths before I couldn't take any more, shot into the jacuzzi only to find it too was a lot cooler :yell: Complained at the reception on the way out but was told they had to save on heating bills somewhere and lowering the temperature was the way..... For now.

Scrumpy

Bloody disgrace that many pensioners are working out when to use the heating.. kettle.. hot water.. 
When talking to my mates the conversation inevitably gets around to whether or not we have used our heating..  :boo: :boo:

Once again I say BLOODY DISGRACE to be concerned about keeping warm .. having a cup of tea.. and a shower... in our later years..

Michael Rolls

I have given in and turned the heating on, although only in the lounge and the kitchen, and then only low, but in the words of Popeye 'I's had as much as I can stand, I can't stands no more'.
16C is just too cold - my hands are so cold I keep mistyping
Mike
[email protected]

Jacqueline

Scrumpy, your dead right it is a bloody disgrace, most Pensioners have probably put more years into work than the younger generation, and have been through hardship (well the working class ones anyway) we didn't have heating at all in our younger years, we deserve at least to be warm in our retirement.  

It's a disgrace that we worry about the cost of heating and the dinghy boys in their hotels don't have to worry about their heating bills. Something is very wrong here.

Scrumpy

Jacqueline... How right you are..
  Something is very wrong here..

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on October 01, 2022, 09:19:37 AMI have given in and turned the heating on, although only in the lounge and the kitchen, and then only low, but in the words of Popeye 'I's had as much as I can stand, I can't stands no more'.
16C is just too cold - my hands are so cold I keep mistyping
Mike
I've not yet switched on the central heating function, the front rooms are down to 15c but they're not used.

My bedroom, where basically I live, is at 21c at the moment.

The cost of energy is also deflecting attention away from the cost of shopping, £1:15 for a can of Morrisons own baked beans with sausages.  :wtf:

And no, I didn't buy them, but it's at least a 50% increase from just a few months ago.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

... I repeat.. Bloody disgusting..   No fine dining for us..  :boo: :boo:

The shame.. of working out what to eat... the cheapest store.. the 'Offers'..
 ... suffering with a toothache..  Suffering  with an illness.. Waiting to be treated..
  Waiting to be seen..   Waiting.. waiting.. waiting..

Diasi

I've still not switched on our boiler's CH function.

The temperature in the North-facing front rooms is 14.7c at the moment & around 18c in the South-facing back rooms.

I have, however, reduced the CH flow temperature to 55c so that the boiler will work in full condensing mode which should make it run at it's full efficiency rating.

Has anyone else still not turned on their CH?
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Sadly no. Our North facing bathroom is always cold, so its been on for a wee while first thing.  Thats been pretty much all though.  OH has reduced the hot water top temperature, we don't really need it scalding.  Our house was often too warm for me, but OH wants to keep the costs down, so he's wrapping up more.

Streaming sunshine into our sitting room at the front atm, I'm comfortable without my cardigan.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖