Started by Scrumpy, September 27, 2022, 08:59:48 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

.. put on their central heating yet. ?
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Yes. Did it yesterday. My name isn't Phil  :grin:

Scrumpy

My house is well insulated.. It has a front porch and sunroom which help to keep the heat in.. 
But it is starting to feel chilly now..  My Ugg boots are out.. and sweat pants are on..
I have my thermostat set at 21.. It was at 22...  I am trying to cut back..
I still use my Steps gadget that Crabby mentioned.. but it's boring walking and getting nowhere..

klondike

Mine is a Victorian terrace. Being a terrace helps but the 9 inch non-cavity walls don't. I did have all the  windows renewed and the roof redone which means that the building regs insist on really thick loft insulation. All the crap up there probably helps too.

Ashy

I think we are on the verge.

Michael Rolls

I am weakening - don't have central heating, but a mix of storage heaters and direct heaters plus a gas fired imitation wood burner on the small lounge (no mains gas here)
This morning I used the gas heater for the morning cuppa as it was 17C in the main lounge, too cold for comfort for me, but I object to paying the current obscene cost of electricity
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

Mine isn't on yet, but today is cold so I'll probably have to get the book out and sort the timer sometime this week. 
I've got a smart meter thinggy, I came downstairs this morning to make a cup of coffee and the screen was already on 92 pence ! made my drink and it went up to £1.00.   I'm thinking of putting the bloody thing back in the drawer. :cool:

Raven

Nope and I'll have to be turning blue before I do. :yell: Had the fire on in the den a few times in the evening for watching the telly.

Scrumpy

Throw the bloody Smart Meter away..  far too depressing.. I prefer a good book..

klondike

You could burn that when you're through with it...

Scrumpy

I'll flog it to Alex.. she likes all this sex and violence stuff.. 

Alex

Some people are so untrustworthy  :busted:

Sheila

Quote from: Alex on September 27, 2022, 10:05:43 AMMine isn't on yet, but today is cold so I'll probably have to get the book out and sort the timer sometime this week. 
I've got a smart meter thinggy, I came downstairs this morning to make a cup of coffee and the screen was already on 92 pence ! made my drink and it went up to £1.00.  I'm thinking of putting the bloody thing back in the drawer. :cool:
Our bloody thing lives in the drawer  :grin:

klondike

Mine went in the bin when the meter stopped working because we changed supplier. It is working again now after that provider went bust and I was swapped to Octopus. Their smart meter dashboard runs a day behind and rather than showing money shows kWh for electric and cubic feet of gas so unless you get out a calculator is as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on September 27, 2022, 09:01:12 AMYes. Did it yesterday. My name isn't Phil  :grin:
As you well know, ours isn't on yet.  :clap:

It's 16c at the front of the house but still 21c at the south-facing rear of the house so I'm still in a tee shirt.

When the temperature at the rear of the house drops to 14c I may switch on the boiler's central heating function.

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]