Did you learn anything today ?

Started by Alex, July 03, 2022, 06:44:50 PM

« previous - next »

GrannyMac

Me too. Energised perhaps by running at 5am?

And Alex has just brought sleepycat back to life.   :grin:
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Today I learned that my small electric oven is cheaper than the larger one..   :nooo:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Ashy

Today I learned that Crooke's dark space is now known as Faraday's dark space.

Scrumpy

Today I learned that facial hair grows faster overnight..

klondike

Today I learned that some hairs are invisible unless caught just so in the light and can go unnoticed for weeks. At least the very fine half inch one growing in solitary splendour from the end on my nose did.  :sad:

Scrumpy

:grin: :grin:
I can imagine staring at it whilst in conversation..  
One should always carry tweezers..

Alex

That when things get tough, you need to bring in a woman to fix it !  :grin:

Ashy

You lot would be brilliant company in a concentration camp.

Scrumpy

Today I learned that if you wait long enough torrential rain will come along and clean the motor.

klondike

Praise de Lord...

Earlier this week we had an absolute cloudburst just after the schools let out. I looked out of the window as it stopped as my daughter was coming round and saw a young lad in just his blazer trudging up the street like a drown rat. Poor little bugger.

Scrumpy

Kids don't use brollies.. it's not cool..

Ashy

I was just reminiscing that when I went to school in Autumn term, all the kids had raincoats and a hook in the cloakroom on which it was to be hung.

klondike

I had a new tumble drier delivered today. I learned from one of the blokes that all the gas, electric and water belong s to the British public and there is no compunction to pay for any of that stuff. I learned from the other delivery bloke that it pays not to engage in any conversation at all with loons because they just keep rambling on and won't shut up.

Ashy

Today I learned that Bank of England money is legal tender in England and Wales, which (according to Wikipedia) means it can be used to settle a debt.

Apparently this includes the bill at a restaurant, if it is presented after the food has been consumed, as is usual, because at that time you are settling a debt and not making a purchase.

I also learned that the late Queen was the first to have her image on English bank notes. My parents often spoke about the earlier bank notes but I never saw one. Some were in circulation until 1967.

Michael Rolls

never realised that - now, of course, there need to be new stamps and coins, don't know about notes
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]