King's Portrait.

Started by Raven, Yesterday at 08:33:13 AM

« previous - next »

dextrous63

Ooh.  Clever old you scrumps 

Silver Tabby

I think it is revolting - all that red is so aggressive.  He should have commissioned our Muddy and had a proper one done!

Michael Rolls

it's rubbish. A portrait is supposed to convey something of the character of the subject. Look at the great portraits, whether photo or painting. Very, very few have a full frontal face devoid of expression - if one can ignore the dominating red paint, it is a passport photo- and not a very good one as the features are somewhat elongated.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

muddy

Quote from: Silver Tabby on Yesterday at 09:44:39 PMI think it is revolting - all that red is so aggressive.  He should have commissioned our Muddy and had a proper one done!

I only wish I could paint like Jonathan Yeo !

Red is really unusual in a portrait it does suggest anger maybe old Charles had some burning anger inside .

He's king now but it's all come a bit too late .

Today at 06:44:49 AM
Quote from: Michael Rolls on Today at 05:16:25 AMit's rubbish. A portrait is supposed to convey something of the character of the subject. Look at the great portraits, whether photo or painting. Very, very few have a full frontal face devoid of expression - if one can ignore the dominating red paint, it is a passport photo- and not a very good one as the features are somewhat elongated.

he seem to like the full frontal .
It's a difficult one to pull off .
( now I shall make everyone mad ) but I do think this is a good one of his .

Diasi

As a member of Republic I think the photo is a way of pointing out that the monarchy is slowly fading away, just like the robes in the picture. 
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

GrannyMac

You might have a point there Diasi.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

The portrait is certainly giving people something to talk about.. Unlike many of those of the past.. 
I think it is interesting.. The face is a kind face and a little vulnerable..
It is portraying a man .. not a king..
It is a painting that will , in my opinion, attract many visitors should it be displayed in a gallery..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I guess beauty must be in the eye of the beholder. I see nothing attractive about it at all and that is pretty much all I can think to say about it.