Free books

Started by Michael Rolls, October 29, 2022, 07:54:57 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

As I have mentioned elsewhere, I wrote a number of books for Veronica which she claimed to enjoy. All of them are in what might loosely be described as being in the 'thriller' genre. I don't claim to be a rival to Dale Brown, Lee Child, Alistair MacLean or the like, but she did seem to enjoy them and I enjoyed writing them for her. I did think of trying to publish on Kindle (free - these were literally a labour of love and it would seem totally wrong to try and make money from them) but it is all so horribly complex I just can't be bothered. On the other hand - if anyone here would like to read one or more of my efforts? They would simply come as a Word doc attached to an E-mail. Any takers?? A very brief resume of each follows – if you would like to try any of them, just E-mail me at [email protected] as shown in my profile.
Mike

The Grass is Green  - Inkerman and Lawson book 1 (70,572 words0)
In which we meet Detective Inspector Harold Inkerman who is looking forward to retirement and Detective Sergeant Jane Lawson, who isn't. A simple case of a burglary gone wrong, or something more complicated? And where were the family at the time?

Vengeance is Mine - Inkerman and Lawson book 2 (83,633 words)
Inkerman and Lawson on the trail of some dodgy developments - developments leading to murder.

Tanner for Your Thoughts - Inkerman and Lawson book 3 (83,294)
Drugs and deaths form a dangerous combination as local gangsters and echoes of the past combine

Nemesis - Inkerman and Lawson book 4 (75,740 words)
A naked corpse in a slow flowing river starts a macabre investigation.

Ancestor (53,677 words)
Jamie MacKenzie's ancestor fought at Culloden and what happened to that ancestor has ramifications into the 21st century, leading to violence and vengeance

Bodyguard (51,506 words)
Being a successful film actress seems to be  a passport to being murdered, even with protection on hand. Can ex-soldier David Amherst redeem himself?

Bomber (32,561 words) This, of course, I have already posted on PF in 15 (!) sections 
The IRA seeking vengeance? Or a man seeking vengeance against them? Manchester might have been so different but for PC Larry Lamb.

Dead Man Walking (77,322 words)
Back from the dead? And if so why? Can a man be killed twice? (A cameo appearance by Jane Lawson)

Disappeared (57,516 words)
Who is preying on young women in the Perth area? And what secrets are hidden in the woods?

Embezzlement (63,402 words)
If you run off with the money - why don't you spend it?

Gold (87,698 words)
An Icelandic snack starts seventy years of mystery and murder from the Isle of Arran to Washington DC and back with a fortune in gold involved.

Hit and Run (63,032 words)
Martin Graham, one time soldier, long time man seeking revenge.

Kidnap (75,740 words)
DS Ken Morgan has a personal score to settle with local criminals - but can he stay inside the law in the process?

Legacy (61,440 words)
A mysterious inheritance from beyond the grave leads to a mysterious treasure trail for ex-RAF pilot Alan Richards with what happened in WW2 shaping events many years later.

Life or Death (75,941 words)
A gun for hire and a thrusting politician make a deadly combination

Quest (97,246 words)
Former soldier Harry Cranbrook finds following in his brother's footsteps a fraught journey of murder and kidnapping

Revenge (57,101 words)
Keith Hartley, desperate for money and hired to find a business man missing in Italy, finds bergamot oranges have much to answer for.

Mike

October 29, 2022, 07:57:45 PM
Oh, and I offered the same opportunity in another forum to which I belonged (it has now sadly folded, but it wasn't my fault, honest!) and a dozen or so took me up on the offer and were kind enough to say that they had enjoyed them
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Mike sent me these books and I have prepared them for direct download by anybody who wants them.

Clicking https://letschat.club/extras/ebooks/
Will open a window looking like...

The original books are all MS Word documents.
Clicking doc/ will open up a folder and they can each be clicked on individually to download.
If you want to save time and know how to cope with zip files click doc.zip and that will download a zip file with them all in it. Modern versions of Windows will handle that automatically for you and you and you will be able to use the files directly from the zip.

Some eBook readers won't support .doc files. I have produced conversions to EPUB and MOBI formats. How you use them with your ereader varies. Certainly with my Kindle I just copy MOBI format files into it over a USB cable. There is also an option to email files to it and they will get converted but I don't use that as it seems too fiddly.

The two formats are there as individual downloads by clicking epub/ or mobi/ or you can just download zips instead by clicking epub.zip or mobi.zip

Please use the re: Free books thread to comment on them or if you get problems downloading or using.  I can't guarantee to help with specific e-readers though.