Surely they didn't lie?

Started by klondike, February 18, 2024, 10:22:56 AM

« previous - next »

JBR

Quote from: Michael Rolls on February 18, 2024, 03:33:48 PMwell, there was a referendum in September 2014, and the majority didn't want independence 55.3 v 44.7
The majority are sensible.

I have always said that Scotland and England are better off together.  The only problem we both face are hopeless governments.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Saw this today during a stroll along the river. Some prople living in a pretty derelict boat and on the bank. There are others that look a bit tidier all the way along. I doubt many do this by choice but the failure to keep up with the imported population boom leaves some with little choice. Of course we couldn't house the illegal migrants in these as they would be deemed unfit for habitation.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on February 18, 2024, 04:38:08 PMSaw this today during a stroll along the river. Some prople living in a pretty derelict boat and on the bank. There are others that look a bit tidier all the way along. I doubt many do this by choice but the failure to keep up with the imported population boom leaves some with little choice. Of course we couldn't house the illegal migrants in these as they would be deemed unfit for habitation.

Of course not.  It's OK for some of us genuine British being poor, but it isn't acceptable to let illegals rough it.  The country has standards.
I'm trying to see some logic in that.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire