Scottish Power

Started by Alex, January 20, 2024, 07:51:16 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Anyone doing this ?

We recently invited you to join a series of energy reduction sessions and the opportunity is still open if you're interested in taking part. The sessions are part of the Demand Flexibility Service run by ESO, the electricity system operator for Great Britain.

If you'd like to join, you'll be asked to use less electricity for one to three hour periods at peak times, to help us monitor and improve the overall efficiency of the energy network.

For more information, including details on how to take part and tips on how you can shift your electricity use at peak times, please visit our blog.

JBR

Quote from: Alex on January 20, 2024, 07:51:16 PMAnyone doing this ?

We recently invited you to join a series of energy reduction sessions and the opportunity is still open if you're interested in taking part. The sessions are part of the Demand Flexibility Service run by ESO, the electricity system operator for Great Britain.

If you'd like to join, you'll be asked to use less electricity for one to three hour periods at peak times, to help us monitor and improve the overall efficiency of the energy network.

For more information, including details on how to take part and tips on how you can shift your electricity use at peak times, please visit our blog.

I would not respond to this.

Firstly, I have never heard of ESO.  Each area of the UK has a separate provider.

Secondly, I read nothing about reducing my bills if I participate!  😉
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

The providers can do it or people can sign up with other companies so it proably isn't a scam. The amount any household actually gets is going to be small. I tried it last year out of interestand got about a tenner from maybe a dozen sessions. I haven't bothered this year as it is just an inconvenience. You need a smart meter to participate. 

Alex

Thanks for your comments fellas, I won't bother.  :upvote:

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: klondike on January 20, 2024, 09:48:24 PMThe providers can do it or people can sign up with other companies so it proably isn't a scam. The amount any household actually gets is going to be small. I tried it last year out of interestand got about a tenner from maybe a dozen sessions. I haven't bothered this year as it is just an inconvenience. You need a smart meter to participate.
Yes, and I don't want a smart meter so that they can remotely disconnect my power if they want to, thank you!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire