Man Freezes to Death in His Car.

Started by Raven, December 03, 2023, 07:49:48 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

How sad is that and I imagine not too far away would be a hotel of illegals with the heating on full blast. 

GrannyMac

Poor man.  We don't know yet why he was homeless and living in his car.  Local authorities have an Emergency protocol in really bad weather to get rough sleepers indoors.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Quote from: Alex on December 03, 2023, 08:16:46 AMHow sad is that and I imagine not too far away would be a hotel of illegals with the heating on full blast. 
I know.  But if they are given legal status in the UK, and many are, they have to move pretty sharpish, out of government funded accommodation.  They get the same rights as other people of working age with no dependents, ie, they're on the streets too across the UK.   

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-67267963

Raven

If the damn governments (both) would stop letting them come here then there would be no refugee homeless crisis.
Another attack by one of them in Paris yesterday. It's time the lot of them were sent back to their own lands.  :angry:

klondike

Internment camps while on their multiple appeals and the like would keep them safe. They said they had made crossing the channel a criminal offence so I see no problem locking them up from the time they land. As they are all supposed  to be an asset they could start by building their own camps.

Alex

It's the injustice of it that riles me.

JBR

As has been said, if the country wasn't full of illegal immigrants, there would be plenty of rooms available in four-star hotels for such people as this poor bugger.

Oh, if only we had a proper government who would put genuine Brits first and get rid of the dross.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

GrannyMac

Quote from: JBR on December 03, 2023, 11:35:54 AMAs has been said, if the country wasn't full of illegal immigrants, there would be plenty of rooms available in four-star hotels for such people as this poor bugger.

Oh, if only we had a proper government who would put genuine Brits first and get rid of the dross.
Councils don't tend to use 4 stars for homeless accommodation.  I know a couple of B&Bs we used for street homeless. Fleapits.   

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on December 03, 2023, 11:40:45 AMCouncils don't tend to use 4 stars for homeless accommodation.  I know a couple of B&Bs we used for street homeless. Fleapits. 
No they don't.  It's the government who decided to do that.  God knows why, as it can do nothing other than attract even more.

I haven't known such a desperately hopeless government since Bliar.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Maybe they can fit more to a room in the 4 star hotels and they also have communal rooms. I doubt that our unwanted visitors actually get a four star experience. Everything will be done on the cheap. At least I hope so but of course can't be 100% sure.

Scrumpy

Homelessness has been going on for years..
Nothing was done about it back then and very little is being done today..
I think it is disgusting that the government rely on Charities to sort it..
Illegals in warm hotels.. !! The government can foot that bill.. out of our taxes.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

Sunak will believe its cheaper to let these poor people die than to help them, meanwhile illegal immigrants in nearby four star hotels are kept snug and well fed. They though are 'tomorrows' cheap labour for his Globalist providers!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...