What's Happening in Spain ?

Started by Alex, November 19, 2023, 04:57:11 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

All sorts of clips on Twatter showing Spanish citizens marching for I'm not sure what, but the police are laying into some of them, you can hear gunshots in the distance.  They appear to be carrying Spanish flags too.

Scrumpy

Unrest .. All over the planet..  It spreads like wildfire..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

Everybody seems to be so angry these days. Everything's wrong and folk up in arms in a flash. It's all going to end badly I'm sure.  :cry:

klondike

Politics. Europeans hit the streets. Police hit the protestors.  We put up with the crap.

ansu

Spain is a special country - four languages are spoken there and the rich north isn't keen on supporting the poorer part of Spain. Moreover, they have different mentalities and habits. The Spanish are very proud. When I learnt Spanish at school, the daughter of our teacher was married to a Spanish and he told us that at that time it wasn't decent for a woman to go shopping without an accompaniment. Due to the tourists in the meantime - and at least in Andalusia - much has changed and Spain is a modern country, but the Spanish still are very proud and stick to their traditions. 

Scrumpy

Given time there will be nowhere safe to go on holiday.. 
We already have places in our country that are  ' No go ' areas.. Because they have been taken over..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Cassandra

When there's no real coverage or detail of the headline in the majority of the media, be assured the reasoning for such gatherings, will not be favourable to Islam!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Quote from: ansu on November 26, 2023, 11:51:49 AMSpain is a special country - four languages are spoken there and the rich north isn't keen on supporting the poorer part of Spain. Moreover, they have different mentalities and habits. The Spanish are very proud. When I learnt Spanish at school, the daughter of our teacher was married to a Spanish and he told us that at that time it wasn't decent for a woman to go shopping without an accompaniment. Due to the tourists in the meantime - and at least in Andalusia - much has changed and Spain is a modern country, but the Spanish still are very proud and stick to their traditions.
I can see parallels with the UK.

Hundreds of languages are spoken here and the rich South is completely unaware of the poorer North.

We, too, have different mentalities and habits.  I can understand and support many, but those of our politicians are, I'm afraid, beyond any form of logic.

🤣

November 26, 2023, 08:29:08 PM
Quote from: Cassandra on November 26, 2023, 05:34:38 PMWhen there's no real coverage or detail of the headline in the majority of the media, be assured the reasoning for such gatherings, will not be favourable to Islam!
Interestingly, both the Telegraph and the Spectator are in danger of being taken over by a middle eastern country (which must be nameless).

Even more interestingly, the Telegraph has begun to prevent readers' discussions on some specific articles (which of course I should also not name).
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire