That watering down of Net Zero may be illegal

Started by klondike, September 22, 2023, 09:01:38 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

UK CO₂ is only 1% of the human total and our "reduction" is a sham anyway. We have shut down the heavy industrial producers but still need the products so we import them from where they are still made. Rather than reduce our real CO₂ output we have increased it by the additional produced shipping the stuff to us. 

I really don't know if it is human CO₂ causing climate change but I do know that what we have done has had no real effect on the amount produced.

It is all complete hogwash.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on September 22, 2023, 05:46:58 PMUK CO₂ is only 1% of the human total and our "reduction" is a sham anyway. We have shut down the heavy industrial producers but still need the products so we import them from where they are still made. Rather than reduce our real CO₂ output we have increased it by the additional produced shipping the stuff to us.

I really don't know if it is human CO₂ causing climate change but I do know that what we have done has had no real effect on the amount produced.

Yes, and we all know that vegetation requires CO2 for its survival.
Those from Planet Vega will be up in arms.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Ashy

Has anyone noticed that asthma and respiratory diseases have increased since the Clean Air Act of 1963?

Also if the whole of human produced carbon dioxide was removed from the atmosphere, there would be no change in the CO2 concentration in the air because the atmosphere would shrink very slightly.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on September 22, 2023, 05:46:58 PMUK CO₂ is only 1% of the human total and our "reduction" is a sham anyway. We have shut down the heavy industrial producers but still need the products so we import them from where they are still made. Rather than reduce our real CO₂ output we have increased it by the additional produced shipping the stuff to us.

I really don't know if it is human CO₂ causing climate change but I do know that what we have done has had no real effect on the amount produced.

Plus, as has been said by Ashy, Chinese & Indian pollution doesn't hover over China & India, just as the UK's hugely expensive clean air won't hover over the UK.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on September 23, 2023, 03:11:35 PMPlus, as has been said by Ashy, Chinese & Indian pollution doesn't hover over China & India, just as the UK's hugely expensive clean air won't hover over the UK.

Of course.  It is just a shame that all the "nett zero" supporters are unable to understand that.
The proportion of CO2 in the atmosphere is pretty constant generally, except for where more CO2 is being consumed by vegetation and where CO2 is being created, but it all evens out pretty quickly even in a small area.

The only difference we would notice is such things as engine exhausts, but even then you might smell them close to the exhaust pipe, but step back a few paces (or wait for the car to pass by for a couple of seconds) and the smell is all gone.
And even then, such exhausts are not purely CO2.  You can't smell CO2!

klondike

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Still be doomed with all the farting beasts of the field. 
Or maybe the same natural variation which is leading to the current modest warming.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on September 24, 2023, 09:15:02 AMStill be doomed with all the farting beasts of the field.
Or maybe the same natural variation which is leading to the current modest warming.
There is CO2 in farts, but not a lot.  Nitrogen, hydrogen, CO2, oxygen and methane.  Then there's often a little hydrogen sulphide to spice things up a bit.

My favourite fuel is butter beans.  I eat them a lot.

klondike

It's the methane that makes farts a problem with global warming - that is a more potent greenhouse gas than CO₂.

From google...
Methane is the second most abundant anthropogenic GHG after carbon dioxide (CO2), accounting for about 20 percent of global emissions. Methane is more than 25 times as potent as carbon dioxide at trapping heat in the atmosphere. 22 May 2023

The H₂S is the one that really causes problems as you mention but only locally.

dextrous63

Can't we point those wind turbines upwards to try and blow the methane out of the atmosphere?

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on September 24, 2023, 12:22:30 PMCan't we point those wind turbines upwards to try and blow the methane out of the atmosphere?
Better still, couldn't we use it?
Couldn't it be used to power cars, perhaps with a small adaptation of internal combustion engines?

Thinking about that, didn't they use large gas bags on the roofs of vehicles in the war?

We could create all of our own fuel too, if we all eat lots of beans.

dextrous63

Quote from: JBR on September 24, 2023, 12:27:29 PMBetter still, couldn't we use it?
Couldn't it be used to power cars, perhaps with a small adaptation of internal combustion engines?

Thinking about that, didn't they use large gas bags on the roofs of vehicles in the war?

We could create all of our own fuel too, if we all eat lots of beans.
Ah, the one as shown on Dad's Army.

Anyway, perhaps we could make smaller turbines which run off a battery, which could be used to help cool an ICE😉

Ashy

I've seen small plant working off propane, and we have LPG for cars of course. I think these days we would put it in a cylinder. But this green nonsense isn't being wished on us because we can't get oil, it's a political cult flapping about.