The UK's Net Zero Policy: The Most Ridiculous Reason for Supporting it.

Started by Diasi, September 21, 2023, 07:35:16 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

I only saw the advert for it but it seems ITV has made a programme where all it's overseas news presenters talk about their experiences in areas affected by fires & floods.

They then use what they saw to tell us, with sombre straight faces, that if we don't cut all our polluting emissions these weather events will become the norm.

I like to ask them this one question. "If the UK achieves net zero, at the huge cost to all of us, can they guarantee that these extreme weather events will cease?".

Because that's what they seem to think.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

dextrous63

I'd like to ask them if they are campaigning (wherever they go) for people to use more contraceptives and reduce the number of offspring, since each person will require energy in all its forms to live.

Are they also campaigning to reduce medical assistance so as to allow more people to die?

These two things would have a significant reduction in pollution, use of fuels, need for food etc etc.

They seem to overlook the somewhat inconvenient fact that all of these "dirty" things we do are because "we" desire, need and want the things that are created by them.

Michael Rolls

surprised to see ITV - it's the sort of thing I expect from the BBC
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Along the lines suggested by dex...

Remove all tax and provide subsidies for fags and booze. Bring in Death Race 2000 as government policy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Race_2000