Indian Moon shot

Started by klondike, August 06, 2023, 09:33:53 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

India's space mission Chandrayaan-3 enters Moon's orbit

Chandrayaan-3 is India's second attempt to administer a controlled moon landing, after a failed attempt in 2019. Only the US, Russia and China have previously achieved a controlled lunar landing.

India's space mission Chandrayaan-3 entered the Moon's orbit on Saturday, as the country's aerospace program attempts a budget uncrewed lunar landing for the second time.

An earlier attempt proved unsuccessful in 2019, when ground control lost contact moments before landing.

Chandrayaan-1 intentionally crashed into the moon's south pole in 2008, the first uncontrolled landing on that part of the moon by anyone, then Chandrayaan-2 likely met the same fate in 2019 when attempting a controlled landing.

Only Russia, the US and China achieved successful controlled lunar landings.

What do we know about Chandrayaan-3?
The Indian aerospace program's latest space mission means "Mooncraft" in Sanskrit.

The vessel was "successfully inserted into the lunar orbit," the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) said on Saturday, some three weeks after its launch.

https://www.dw.com/en/indias-space-mission-chandrayaan-3-enters-moons-orbit/a-66450517

The story doesn't say how much of the UK's £2.3Bn foreign aid given to India between 2026 and 2021 was used in the project. I hope there is a Union Flag on it somewhere though.

Michael Rolls

how can anyone justify giving foreign aid to a counrty with a space programme?
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Ashy

The foreign aid question - it beats me.

Michael Rolls

me too - and to discover that we were giving aid to CHINA
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: klondike on August 06, 2023, 09:33:53 AMThe story doesn't say how much of the UK's £2.3Bn foreign aid given to India between 2026 and 2021 was used in the project. I hope there is a Union Flag on it somewhere though.
Nil desperandum.

I'm sure that before long, other countries like India will be falling over themselves to send foreign aid to the UK.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

Why aren't MPs bringing this up in parliament ?  It's ridiculous. :waiting:

Sheila

Britain took lots of money and jewels from India so maybe it is payback time - but as for China, that is inexcusable.

Diasi

Quote from: Sheila on August 06, 2023, 03:38:40 PMBritain took lots of money and jewels from India so maybe it is payback time - but as for China, that is inexcusable.
Well on that basis maybe it's time the UK got reparation payments from the Italians & Scandinavians.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

absolutely - and the Raj did a lot of good for India
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on August 06, 2023, 09:34:25 PMabsolutely - and the Raj did a lot of good for India
Indeed, I watch the documentaries about the Indian Hill Railways & the people are very proud of them & keep them maintained & running.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]