The Company One Keeps.

Started by Diasi, May 18, 2023, 09:35:34 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

It seems that Charlie 'jug ears' & Rolf Harris were besties back in the day, so a commemorative painting has been done.

The Royals do appear to have a problem with befriending kiddy fiddlers.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

To be fair, a lot of people ' befriended' Rolf Harris did they all know about his crimes ?  I doubt it.

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on May 18, 2023, 09:41:10 AMTo be fair, a lot of people ' befriended' Rolf Harris did they all know about his crimes ?  I doubt it.
Why not, everyone with celebrity status seems to have said that people knew Jimmy Savile was up to it?
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Raven

I like that painting, it's good. :upvote:

klondike

This suggests it is more about a friendship with Saville than Harris which is why he has the Jim Fixed It medal

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/23528028.king-charles-portrait-jimmy-savile-medal-shown-brighton/?ref=rss

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on May 18, 2023, 10:42:21 AMThis suggests it is more about a friendship with Saville than Harris which is why he has the Jim Fixed It medal

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/23528028.king-charles-portrait-jimmy-savile-medal-shown-brighton/?ref=rss
It seems he was friends with both of them as he was linked to Harris in an article about Harris 'hiding in plain sight'.
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Savile was creepy, no surprise when his deeds were revealed. Harris seemed like a normal husband and father, I think more of us were shocked hearing about his proclivities.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

Quote from: Raven on May 18, 2023, 10:25:33 AMI like that painting, it's good. :upvote:

I agree he also did a good one of the late Queen. Tragic, so many abilities within a singularly flawed mind ...

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

GrannyMac

Those portraits are really excellent.  As you say, a flawed mind...
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Cassandra

And now a dead one, May the 10th but not released by the family for a fortnight ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...