How About This for Stupid!!

Started by Diasi, May 19, 2023, 07:55:59 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

also, my schooldays were the mid 40s to early 50s when for much of that time food was rationed and, apart from the rich dining at the Savoy and the like, pigging out was impossible. And, as you say, Raven, I think the vast majority of us spent far more time out of doors than today's average child to late teens.
Oh, and school run didn't exist.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Oh, and school run didn't exist.

Unless you were late  :grin:

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Alex on May 19, 2023, 09:59:54 PMI'd never fat shame anybody, the older you get the harder it is to lose weight.  Been there, got the T-Shirt too.
But I guess it's time to stop blaming the smokers for NHS problems, and move on to someone else eh  ?

Politicians?
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

one can - rightly - blame our politicians for many things, but people choosing to pig out in defiance of repeated warnings of the effect upon their health isn't one of them
[email protected]

Alex

What I meant was enough time has been spent blaming smokers for costing the NHS money, now its time to blame another group, namely obese people.   I see a lot of overweight people when I'm out and about, but rarely see what I would class as Obese.

klondike

I always wonder when I see an overweight person on a mobility scooter which came first - the lack of mobility or the excess weight.

There have always been overweight people. I recall a woman teacher who played the piano in assembly at my primary school whose bum hung down over the sides of the stool she sat on. On reflection it surely couldn't have been a proper piano stool. What has changed seems to be the proportion of those who are overweight and just how grossly overweight some are.

I was alway slim but put on a little bit of a pot belly at Christmas that quickly disappeared in the new year. Then onto year it didn't disappear. If I could lose a stone I'd be very happy. I'd even settle for half a stone that didn't return. I spent 6 months losing that then put 5lbs back on in a couple of weeks. It's all to easy to slip.

Raven

I want you to look at this photo, I mean really look at it.
What do you see.

Two women two battles.

Two hearts. Two souls. Two bodies.

When you look at this photo, try not to judge.

Instead, try to understand that we all face our own battles every day.
Some we might share with others, some we keep to ourselves.
They might be obvious. They might not be.

Everyone is facing something they struggle with.
EVERYONE.

And no matter what separates your battles from hers, his battles from theirs, we are ALL human.

Be kind ❤

Michael Rolls

what I see is two ladies with two, different, problems. Neither of them have what I would regard as a healthy life style, but I wosh both of them the very best
[email protected]