My Road

Started by Alex, May 22, 2023, 01:28:37 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

I put a post on here about my road, but it was just one long moan, so I've deleted it !  😄😄

Michael Rolls

it's a long, road that has no turning :grin:  :grin:  :grin:
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

We live on a fairly short road, houses both sides, Victorian terraces and 1930s semis mainly. The neighbours aren't intrusive, say hello to a few, nice young couple next door with a baby. Bins go out and are taken in on the right days, my only complaint is drivers who race down it, even though there's a bloody great 20MPH sign at both ends.

Go on Alex, what don't you like about yours?
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on May 22, 2023, 02:57:58 PMWe live on a fairly short road, houses both sides, Victorian terraces and 1930s semis mainly. The neighbours aren't intrusive, say hello to a few, nice young couple next door with a baby. Bins go out and are taken in on the right days, my only complaint is drivers who race down it, even though there's a bloody great 20MPH sign at both ends.

Go on Alex, what don't you like about yours?
Rather similar to our road, although here it's mainly the motorbikes without silencers which create the noise.
Illegal, of course, but these days I think the police can't be bothered because they are not supported by the courts.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

the village has 20mph signs both ends - waste of paint - most drivers, especially heavies, go through at 30+
[email protected]

Scrumpy

My road isn't very long.. It is not a main road..
We have a resident fox who sits at the gate looking both left and right before deciding which way looks more interesting.. He then, walks in the middle of the road, to wherever he has decided to go..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on May 22, 2023, 01:28:37 PMI put a post on here about my road, but it was just one long moan, so I've deleted it !  😄😄

Did your post lead anywhere?
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

when I lived in Surbiton with my first wife, for some reason I had to get up in the small hours, looked out the window - this was suburbia par excellence - I was amazed to see a fox wandering up the meddle of the raod. Up to then, and since, the only foxes that I had seen were, sadly, roadkill
[email protected]

Alex

Suffice to say we've lost our students who were no bother, they've been replaced by a group of adults who are recovering from either drug or drink problems.  Apparently the owner, who lives in India, didn't need permission to house these people here as the house was already registered as a HMO.

My original moan was much l o n g e r  :rolleyes:

Jacqueline

My road is long and straight, it has a 50 MPH speed limit but they tear down it at god knows what speed, I am scared to walk out of my gate, mind you there is nowhere to go if I did.  

We have those huge contractor tractors with big trailers behind them, either carrying grass or poo they are so heavy they churn the road up and clang and bang as they pass by, they are backwards and forwards all day at this time of the year, and if you are unlucky enough to get stuck behind them no way will they pull over and let you pass even thought there is a convoy of traffic behind them.  The ordinary local farmers are great but this lot are something else. 

JBR

Quote from: Alex on May 22, 2023, 08:52:47 PMSuffice to say we've lost our students who were no bother, they've been replaced by a group of adults who are recovering from either drug or drink problems.  Apparently the owner, who lives in India, didn't need permission to house these people here as the house was already registered as a HMO.

My original moan was much l o n g e r  :rolleyes:
Well said.
Unfortunately, not atypical and probably quite widespread and common to many places these days.

I wonder which party will get into government next year.  Presumably the one which provides the sort of support such people demand.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Odd how many HIMOs there are around these days. You never used to see many if any but now there are lots near me. Must be some reason why there are so many more folks housed that way. I wonder what the reason could be...  :rolleyes:

Diasi

Our Close is off what was a 60 mph country lane but which has now been reduced to 30 mph as the unwanted housing developments are thrown up.

However, it still remains, for the large part, a 60 mph road.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

most of our lane, which is three miles long connecting the A94 and the A93 is 60 limit - trying to do 60 on most of it would provide undertakers with gainful employment
[email protected]