Happy St George's Day !

Started by Alex, April 23, 2023, 10:11:35 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

No flags in my road, no red roses on the telly presenters, why don't we bother with our national day the same way the Welsh, Scots and Irish do  ? 

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

dextrous63

We could easily resolve this by getting our national sports teams to play.  You'd have flags, painted faces, spontaneous singing of Rule Britannia  galore.  In fact, today would have been the perfect day for the coronation.

Raven

Not long back from Tesco, place was full of Union Jack hand flags, bunting ect, not a Scottish Flag in sight. A customer was complaining bitterly to a Section Manager about it. She had a good many people listening in and nodding in agreement, myself one of them, totally agreed with her, it made my day. :yay:

BTW, Happy St George's Day to those who do celebrate it. :yay:

klondike

The Union Jack is a Scottish flag too though.

In England many dare not fly the Saint George's Cross flag which is our National flag so we almost always get the Union Jack instead. I doubt Tesco got many complaining about that.

Here's mine

Except that one flapped out and I got a couple with ENGLAND on them cheap so it's one of those at the momement. I do have a Union flag too and will likley fly that for the coronation.

Raven

I understand the Union Flag but we should have had a choice of what to buy, same as you ones should have a choice of what flag you fly.

dextrous63

It's about time shops started putting up Christmas trees and the related paraphernalia.  Time's starting to run out

Raven

GrannyMac

When it was the Queen's coronation my dad fixed a Lion Rampant flag, (the Royal Banner of Scotland) and a Union Flag 🇬🇧 to the window ledge.  There was lots of union bunting then too.

Happy St George's Day!

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖